May 10, 2024, 12:45:27 AM

Author Topic: N5C Pinion gear options  (Read 1062 times)

Offline jayster10

N5C Pinion gear options
« on: May 02, 2020, 09:30:31 AM »
I was wondering if there was a smaller pinion gear for the clutch bell available for my N5C. My N5C came stock with a 20T pinion and I was wondering if it was possible to get a smaller pinion?

I was also wondering if there was a nitro to electric conversion available. I was considering putting my N5C in a scale fuselage but wanted to change to electric before I did something like that. Is there a way to use the E5 pinion on the N5C, would the teeth match up on the N5C main gear. Or could I use the E5 main and pinion or would it not work with the tail rotor transmission?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to text or email if you would prefer.

thank you,

Jay
254-423-3326
jay_latona@me.com
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 09:40:02 AM by jayster10 »

Offline alan

• Team Helilids
Re: N5C Pinion gear options
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 09:18:45 PM »
Unfortunately nothing you are proposing would be easily done. There is only one pinion for the stock N5C.
Converting one to electric would be a challenge as well. The N5C main gear is not helical. The E5 main gear is.
Unlikely the main gear from the E5 would work in the N5C without some major reengineering.
You would be better off using an E5 inside a scale bird. I have done this twice. Once for a 600 size airwolf. Then again for a 700 size airwolf. The E5 framework does quite well in scale applications.
Cheers
Alan
Helilids RC Hobbies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Helilids RC

Offline jayster10

Re: N5C Pinion gear options
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »
Alan,

Thanks for the feedback. Will have to do some more thinking about which way I want to proceed.

Thank you,

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk