May 12, 2024, 05:24:22 AM

Author Topic: Oh crap  (Read 9594 times)

Offline RichH

Re: Oh crap
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
Just to be clear. You can use this setup and not use the bailout feature. Just be sure that the bailout is not selected using castle link.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Understood, but aren't you still using two levels of throttle hold to do this?  One above zero (24%) that prevents arming, but would result in fast spool up of used later after arming, and one at zero that allows arming and soft start?  I'm using Futaba 8FG, CC100, and V-Bar.  In order for soft start to be enabled V-bar needs to see zero throttle.

flyalan

Oh crap
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 10:46:36 AM »
Yes two settings are advisable. My switch is three position on the 18mz. First click is the bailout point the second is full zero. I really haven't used the actual bailout feature much. When I land the hold goes to the third position before I approach the Heli to shut it down.
Not using VBar. Use hellicommand and the Castle Gov.
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 01:51:05 PM »
I'm just using a DX7s so I guess I won't be able to use the multiple throttle holds.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »
Assuming the DX7 works similarly to the DX8, you may be able to assign Throttle CUT to the toggle-type binding switch.  Then, make Throttle Cut 0% throttle.  That would allow you to (1) initially arm the ESC and/or (2) go back to soft-start after auto-rotating in Throttle HOLD whenever you depress the Throttle Cut.  Throttle CUT has priority over Throttle HOLD which in turn has priority over Flight Modes.

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »
Yeah I'm Sunday brain dead so don't really get it.  Just asking to gain knowledge but what would be the advantage of doing the throttle cut instead of arming in throttle hold? I've seen throttle cut in the transmitter but just don't want my setup to be so complicated I screw up how I'm doing things.  Just don't really know what throttle cut is, that's all. I will look it up on line sometime tomorrow.

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
It is my understanding that Throttle CUT was originally intended for use with internal combustion engines.

I use Throttle CUT (toggle-type binding button) to initially arm the ESC.  My Throttle HOLD throttle curve is set high to be within the auto-rotation bailout window, so my TH will not arm the ESC.

I use all the Flight Modes (FM switch) for different governed HS rpm.

Again, I use Throttle HOLD to cut power within the autorotation bail-out window.  Once I land, I engage to Throttle CUT to reset soft start.

At one point, I used to have a Normal FM throttle of 0-30-30-30-30 or 0-0-30-30-30 with Castle governed HS, but I once forgot to switch to IDLE UP, went inverted and...  I now either leave Normal FM at 0-0-0-0-0 or some kind of flat throttle curve.

Offline NKY Heli Guy

Oh crap
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
I was planning with my Dx8 to set the throttle curve in the throttle hold section to 0, I looked into it and it's set to 0 by default... when I look at the monitor section though the throttle it in fact was not 0. WTH? I did not want to use my first switch setting to do what I should be able to do with the throttle curve settings for hold switch. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
This applies to the DX8 Tx.  The Throttle menu allows you to assign 0% to 100% to any of the 5 points of the Throttle Curves, except for Throttle Hold where all 5 points are assigned equally, but still between 0% to 100%.  On the Monitor screen, the 0% to 100% scale changes to -100% to 100%.   Assuming you left the Throttle channel Sub-trim at 0% and the Travels at 100%/100%, a 0-25-50-75-100 throttle curve in the Throttle screen equals -100/-50/0/50/100 in the Monitor screen.

A Throttle Hold of 0% in the Throttle menu should be -100% in the Monitor screen.

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your question though I have read your post several times.  If you do not want to use flight mode position 1 set a flat throttle curve of 0,0,0,0,0.

Rich
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 10:34:02 PM »
For DX7s would I use the same -100 or is 0 fine?

www.inner3.com

Offline NKY Heli Guy

Oh crap
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 11:32:14 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your question though I have read your post several times.  If you do not want to use flight mode position 1 set a flat throttle curve of 0,0,0,0,0.

Rich
Yes I would like to be able to have 3 head speeds to play around with vs 2. The Dx8 had the ability to set the throttle curve to 0. My confusion is with the monitor screen. When I move the throttle stick, the monitor still shows movement to the throttle channel even know the curve is set to 0. I might be confusing the 2 screens. (Monitor, throttle curve). My end points are 120 & 120 which is what CC recommended for Gov mode.  Basically Id like to just trust the throttle hold to do what it's supposed to so I don't chop something off or up :)

If I used the 1st mode set to 0 th curve my fear is Id accidentally hit this in flight. I hope that makes sense.

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »

Rich
Yes I would like to be able to have 3 head speeds to play around with vs 2. The Dx8 had the ability to set the throttle curve to 0. My confusion is with the monitor screen. When I move the throttle stick, the monitor still shows movement to the throttle channel even know the curve is set to 0. I might be confusing the 2 screens. (Monitor, throttle curve). My end points are 120 & 120 which is what CC recommended for Gov mode.  Basically Id like to just trust the throttle hold to do what it's supposed to so I don't chop something off or up :)

If I used the 1st mode set to 0 th curve my fear is Id accidentally hit this in flight. I hope that makes sense.

I can see how the throttle monitor moving would be confusing.  I just checked my radio (JR9503)  and the monitor does not show movement on the throttle channel when I am in throttle hold or flight mode 1 (flat 0,0,0,0,0,0,0 throttle curve).  Maybe someone with a DX8 will verify this information for you.  Sorry I can be of more help.

Rich 
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Offline NKY Heli Guy

Oh crap
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 09:53:10 AM »
Ok I figured it out! With the Dx8 I had under the Setup menu, the default in the F-mode Setup is Flight mode= F Mode & Hold = inhibit. Needs to be changed to: Flight mode= F Mode & Hold = Hold. BAM! the monitor is now showing 0 movement when the hold switch is on. Now I can have 3 head speeds :)

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »
I'm happy that you worked it out.

Rich

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 07:54:07 PM »
Called the hobby shop to check on my servos.  He didn't have to get new ones because when he checked them out, found out that the gears were stripped.  I thought that is what happened.  The new gear sets will be in tomorrow and he will install them while I'm at work...might be good to go thursday if its not snowing!  Glad it should be a simple fix, bad thing is each gear set is around $25 a piece his cost.  There goes 75 plus bucks on a stupid mistake.

www.inner3.com