May 11, 2024, 01:17:34 PM

Author Topic: My LHS E5SS Build  (Read 18956 times)

Offline Dean H

• Fail to Plan...Plan to Fail!
Re: My LHS E5SS Build
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »
I have the TelMe telemetry for the Jive Pro; however, the 18SZ Tx doesn't read it just yet. Right now I do primarily flew at one head speed. I have normal atb1250, IU1 at 1400, IU2 at 1500. I fly in IU1 most if the time.
Dino
Ciitizen #453

Offline gwright

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2016, 10:23:12 AM »

Rodney, I did a little research when i bought the first unisense . I have like 6 or 8 now :(  . The e-fuelguage looked great but  the unisense had other stuff on it that I didn't think would be usefull but would be neat to play with.  I find the vario in it quite useful.Looking at max climb rates, i can match the feel of the machine perfectly (climb rate) upright and inverted. It's amazing how much less pitch it takes in one direction than the other to get equal vertical climb rates.  Being overly conservative and cautious, I use the capacity alarm around at 80% utilization as primary flight time signal, but I also have other things set. Low voltage alarm is set in case I put in a discharged pack (I'm old and the mind doesn't work as well as it once did), and I have two timers set, one at 10 minutes to prompt me to look at capacity utilization in case it's not registering due to a fault somewhere (never has happened but I still use the timer to remind me to check), and a second timer at 15 minutes so I always land at or before 15  even if I've spent lots of time in low rpm and not used 80%. That last one keeps me from hogging a flight station at an event.  As the brits would say,.. it's a belt and suspenders approach,.. although it's actually an approach of capacity/voltage/timer/timer :)
Gary Wright

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2016, 01:48:26 PM »
Cool stuff, Gary.  Does it take less pitch when inverted to hit the same climb rate as upright?
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline gwright

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2016, 02:42:30 PM »
correct. Can be as much as a degree-plus difference.
Gary Wright

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2016, 04:34:17 PM »
I always thought that it seemed like climbing inverted was faster even though I knew I had full positive and negative pitch equal.  It's nice to know that my aging eyeballs are still fairly calibrated. :)
Rodney

Team Synergy