May 11, 2024, 06:10:25 PM

Author Topic: Is this bearing greased? Picture included.  (Read 1701 times)

Offline bleomycin

Is this bearing greased? Picture included.
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
I'm becoming increasingly worried that a ton of radial bearings are not greased at all. I'm also certain that i do not have the knowledge or tools to remove most of them without destroying everything in the process. I took a picture of a bearing i just pulled out of the tail hub assembly. I'm unable to see any grease at all, and the radial bearings on the pitch slider assembly feel extremely rough and notchy. Sorry the pictures aren't better it's a very small bearing. Am i OK to proceed assuming all radial bearings are just fine as they are? I'm terrified of the safety hazard a failure would cause.

Offline wbfines

Is this bearing greased? Picture included.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:05:53 PM »
I rubbed grease into those. I used Boto-Lube on E5 and Motul 300 on E7

Offline bleomycin

Re: Is this bearing greased? Picture included.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
I rubbed grease into those. I used Boto-Lube on E5 and Motul 300 on E7

And you left the others that are inaccessible ungreased (inside the tail bearing ring)? Is that going to lead to trouble down the road or is it alright? I'm genuinely clueless and trying not to skip anything that can cause a safety problem down the line. The manual seems to assume I know what i'm doing :o Thanks!

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:24 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned that.  After I fastened the TT bearings with red Loctite, I noticed that the bearings where notchy and had a lot of friction.  I squirted some TriFlow, and now they are pretty smooth, but I do not know how long the TriFlow will last.

Offline bleomycin

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 03:10:06 AM »
I managed to get the lock ring off the pitch slider assembly without destroying it so i could add some red loctite and grease the radial bearings. After applying the grease they move much more smoothly so i'm going to assume that was a required step if anyone is facing similar problems in the future.

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 03:18:03 AM »
Matt suggests not taking the tail pitch slider apart.  I'm happy you were able to disassemble it without damage but, for everyone else reading this post it is not recommended.

Rich
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:23:50 AM by RichL »
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Jean-Luc Bolduc

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »
I just use Triflow oil on the pitch slider radial bearings every 4-5 flights. Haven't wore out one yet  :)
Team Synergy

Offline Jean-Luc Bolduc

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »
The only bearings to be greased are the thrust bearings in the tail hubs. The radials could be oiled or greased, but I don't bother, as they are not subject to the same loads.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:32:33 PM by 4cyclic »
Team Synergy