May 02, 2024, 04:11:38 PM

Author Topic: 10s lipos  (Read 1297 times)

Offline JVZ

10s lipos
« on: January 16, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »
I have the older 1010c with 210 balancer setup. I know this will charge 10s. What I don't understand is the extra power wires on the 10s batteries and I think it goes for all brands. These batteries have connectors on some of them then an extra red positive wire and extra black negitive wire. What are these extra wires for?

Would I simply connect the 5s balance tabs one to each 5s port on the 210b and plug the power wires in and charge? whats with the other 2 power wires? Thank you

this link shows a good pic of the wires

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20728__Turnigy_nano_tech_4000mah_10S_35_70C_Lipo_Pack_USA_Warehouse_.html

Offline MarkH

Re: 10s lipos
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:11:02 PM »
This lipo along with just about every 10S lipo these days is actually two 5S lipos.  The short red & black wires have connectors on them which when connected form a series setup (10S).  The two sets of balance tabs are for each individual 5S lipo.  I end up lengthening the short red & black wires and operating them as two seperate packs and making my connectors on my Jive ESC a series setup. 

As for how to use the 210 balancer, I'm not sure.  I charge them using the two outputs on my charger, Hyperion Super Duo, in a sync charge.  Try the Charger section on HF or RR if nobody gives you an answer here on balancing.