May 07, 2024, 02:09:35 AM

Author Topic: N7 shaking  (Read 1326 times)

Offline flyinhigh

N7 shaking
« on: October 21, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »
`I built this heli back in May 2018   It flew great!  Then in June I was doing  loops to close to ground and the ground came up and smacked me.  LOL   I practically replace the entire heli.  New main shaft, spindle, tail boom, bearings, spur gear etc.  The only thing that is original is the frames.    it would have been less costly to just have bought a new kit. My setup is.  OS 105hz-r, Align DS 615 servos on cyclic, DS 655 rudder, Ikon 2 flybarless controller, and Futaba 14sh.    Since the rebuild I now have this shake in the skids.  Nothing seems to get rid of it.   When I first lift off into a hover, it seems normal.  Then after a short period of around 30 seconds it begins this shake, seen mainly from the skids moving.  And worsens the longer you stay up.   I have replaced everything in the head, except for the swash plate.  The servos are new as well.  I finally have come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the Ikon2.  This will be its second crash.  Once on a trex 700 and now the Synergy N7.  If someone else has a better solution on what  else I may have missed, I would be grateful for your advice. 

Offline Al Tulone

• Field Representative
Re: N7 shaking
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »
I’m guessing you also replaced the torque tube with the boom. Sounds like you may have a bad gyro sensor. Do you have another one you can try just to rule it out.
Team Synergy
Thunder Power
MKS Servos
Vteam

Offline flyinhigh

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:47:56 PM »
Yes I have a beastx controller I can take off my blade 270 fusion.  Everything on the heli mechanically has been replaced. 

Offline flyinhigh

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 09:44:47 PM »
Well I have the beastx installed and setup.  Now I just need some daylight. 

Offline flyinhigh

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:39:02 PM »
Well I just finished my test flight.  And there is definitely a problem with Ikon2.  It's a smooth as glass now with beastx installed.  Time to decide what flybarless controller to try next or just but another Ikon.   

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 04:18:03 PM »
Well I just finished my test flight.  And there is definitely a problem with Ikon2.  It's a smooth as glass now with beastx installed.  Time to decide what flybarless controller to try next or just but another Ikon.

That's great that you got the problem figured out.  Sucks when an FBL controller bites the dust.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline flyinhigh

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 10:14:20 PM »
Very true.  But it did give me the option to try Vbar Neo.  I ordered one today.  Be here Tuesday.  A friend  I fly with recommended it.  Should be interesting. 

Offline flyinhigh

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 01:58:06 AM »
Well thought I would do little update from my previous post.  I have the Vbar controller installed now.  Went through complete setup utilizing the built in governor.  With Governor enable the heli will start to shake as before.  If I disable the gov and fly with throttle curves, everything is nice and smooth.  Here is what I have tried.  I replaced the gov GV-1 sensor.  No change, still shaking.  On 11-17-18.  I replaced the futaba 6303 receiver with the futaba 7008sb receiver.  Will test weather permitting later today.  Bench setup looks better this time. Before when moving the magnet under the sensor the throttle servo would move back and forth erratically.  Now when I switch gov on, the throttle begins to advance toward full throttle.  And servo isn't jumping back and forth like previously.  This is on the bench, everything power up, except nitro motor isn't running.  The real test will be later today when I have time to fly.   

Offline flyinhigh

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 04:34:19 PM »
Well test flight is done.  I had my son come out and tach my rotor blades.  Seems any rotor rpm at 1850 and above.  No shaking.  If at 1800 or below it will shake.  Does this seem normal or should I be able to get a lower head speed?

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
If the dampers in the main rotor hub are brand new, there can be an RPM range where it may exhibit what you're describing.  If you greased them really well when installing them, it should go away after they've broken in some.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline flyinhigh

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 06:52:01 PM »
They were brand new.  Thats good to here.  Have to get out and fly before it gets to cold.