May 03, 2024, 11:03:21 PM

Author Topic: main shaft problems  (Read 1012 times)

Offline nick.m

main shaft problems
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:36:37 AM »
well came to bolting my frames togeather today so with all bolts loose i put it on a flat surface and inserted the mainshaft ,,all looked good and main shaft was nice and smooth so i bolted it up,,once finished i sat there admiring it and spinning the mainshaft and then i noticed as it span round for half a turn the bottom of the mainshaft was flush with the bottom bearing but for the other half a turn it was slightly raised,,on inspection the machine work where the shaft narrows at the bottom is awefull and just not straight and certainly not what i expected from this kit

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
Re: main shaft problems
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »
Sorry for your troubles.
Please send me an email at matt at mattbotos.com and we can sort out whatever problems you may have. I've gone through our entire stock of main shafts with a dial indicator and can not find anything similar to what you are speaking about.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline nick.m

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »
hi matt , let me try to explain a little better,,, there is nothing wrong with the thicknes of the shaft niether in the main part or the bottom narrow part,its the flat piece between the 2 that seems to be a little off,,there is what looks like a score mark from the machining that goes off at a very slight angle so when the shaft is sat down in the bearing the flat underside on teh mainshaft  looks flush against teh bearing one side but slightly raised the other

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Nick. Climb-Out will provide you with a main shaft you are happy with.

Thanks,

Matt
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:44:36 PM by Matt Botos »