Other Manufacturer > General Heli Support

Favorite Radio System

(1/6) > >>

Matt Tompkins:
I am wanting to get into larger Helis and I want to know what you guys are using on your bigger N5 and N9 size Helis. I know Matt flies Futaba and Rob tells me that is the best so I have been looking at an 8FG. What do you guys think?

Brandon Bartolomucci:
I fly the DX8. I personally love the radio inside and out. However, I believe both radios are a very good choice. For me personally, I find the DX8 menus and interface much more intuitive and easy to read. It just makes sense. However PLENTY of other people do fly Futaba and love theirs as much. Sadly, it comes down to preference. Both are really good.

If at all possible, try to get with some people at a fun fly or local field and see A.) What they are flying and/or B.) Just check out both types of radio. In particular, it is much easier to have several guys flying the radio you choose for direct support although the internet helps a lot. If you cannot find both radios in person, just do as much research online.

Sadly you will see a lot of debate between the two radios but I don't care what people say. There are potential issues with both units. Again, in short, both radios are a good choice and you should try to play with each to see which one you prefer.

Kevin Feil:
Edited, I fly all futaba now, love it!

cheers,

Kevin

Haha101:
I fly the Futaba 8FG and LOVE IT!

Matt Tompkins:
Thanks for the quick answers, I will probably go with the 8FG because Matt, Caleb and Rob fly at the field I go to and I could ask them any questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version