May 12, 2024, 10:16:50 PM

Author Topic: E5 & Helicommand HC3SX  (Read 1682 times)

Offline scanner62

• E5 WANNABE
E5 & Helicommand HC3SX
« on: January 17, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »
Hi all, new to the forum, and the hobby...only have a radio (JR XG8 ) and sim ( Pheonix )at this stage. Im just wondering if any pilots out there using the JR XG series radios with the HeliCommand HC3SX controller? 

If so, can you post pics or wiring diagram as to how you got it to work? Ive heard theres a problem to do this but either HC or JR have a fix in the wind?

Anyone like to confirm this?

With thanks
scanner62
My toys go beep,bang, and whirrrr

JR XG8, Pheonix Sim, E5( one day )

Offline hardsy

Re: E5 & Helicommand HC3SX
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:41:57 PM »
Hey Scanner,

As far as i know there is no issue using the Helicommand unit and your radio system.

You will need to run a full size receiver (RG831B) as the HC unit does not support the satellites used by
your JR DMSS system.

Maybe consider the Skookum as you can run the DMSS satellites without having to use the full size receiver.
The upside to this is that you can use the Skookum Gov which you cannot when using a full RX with Vbar etc.

Here is a link to the HC manual which has the wiring diagram.

http://www.helicommand.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=file&id=8%3Amanual-v-5-helicommand-hc-x-seriess&Itemid=103&lang=en

Offline scanner62

• E5 WANNABE
Re: E5 & Helicommand HC3SX
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »
Hello hardsy and thanks for the info...yeah ive had that feedback from others on another forum....im just more confident in the HC3SX bailout than that offered by other manufacturers goods.

The issue with the XG8 was as a result of the proprietary tx signal...apparently not recognized by the HC. I already have the Rx as noted. As a newb im still getting my head around it all, and still trying to work out the best way to go.

Thanks & cheers
scanner62
My toys go beep,bang, and whirrrr

JR XG8, Pheonix Sim, E5( one day )