Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N556

Flex gear splitting

(1/2) > >>

Paulieb1979:
So Installed the flex gear today. 3 flights no hard landings no autos and as I was cleaning heli for the end of day and noticed the new gears splitting. This is pretty frustrating as the gear have bin an issue for me and I thought this was the fix. Has this happens to others.

alan:
How was the package marked? There may be some non-flex gear still out there. I still have both versions on the shelf. The new part number is 516-308F.
You could also be tightening the landing gear mounting bolt a bit too much since it happened right at that point. Just snug them down.
Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulieb1979:
They are marked with the F after the part number. I did not think I went to tight at all never broke skids just screwing them in and has to be at least 60 sets in my time. Now heli has not even flown since yesterday and the back was def not cracked and now look it cracked just sitting since yesterday. 

rmarlan:
The same exact thing happened to me.  This is my third 'flex' landing gear.  I installed one last night and it seemed cracked when I looked at it this morning.  I never even flew it.  My N5C is 4 years old - 100s of flights and still on the original gear. 

I think there are two issues here:
1- Even the flex material seems very brittle
2- The angle of the arms is much shallower than the N5C adding stress with any landing

I wonder if the N5C landing gear will fit the N556.  If so, hopefully Matt will keep making them.

The N556 is a wonderful machine - except for the landing gear... Maybe consider a flex material like Protos used for the 700 Gorilla Gear

rmarlan:
One more thing - I think the N556 is the same part as for the 516.  But the N556 is obviously a heavier machine.  So it may be fine on the 516, but no so much for the N556. 

No doubt Matt will come up with a fix...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version