May 06, 2024, 08:10:03 PM

Author Topic: Quality control amiss! - Resolved  (Read 4792 times)

Offline cyprusflyer

Quality control amiss! - Resolved
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:56:54 AM »
Received my new N5C kit on Friday to supplement the N7, going through all the parts to check and found the clutch looked like it had been kicked around the factory floor for a few months!
OK you cannot see it but the OWB is shot, feels very gritty, so what is going on here? New kit and they put stuff like this in there  >:(

Also gather the swash anti rotation has changed only one bearing race instead of 3, also a longer brass spacer so looks like a design change, at odds with the manual, am I correct?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:38:53 AM by cyprusflyer »
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline cyprusflyer

Re: Quality control amiss!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 04:32:41 AM »
Oops posted in wrong section should have been in the N5.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

flyalan

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 04:34:26 AM »
Suggest you email matt@mattbotos.com.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:06:58 AM »
The N5c comes with one bearing and a longer brass sleeve for the anti rotation bracket.

As for the clutch email Matt he will get this resolved for you fast.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 09:17:16 AM »
I would be very excited if Matt decided to open a manufacturing facility here in These United States.  With MA gone, it would be refreshing to see a quality rc-heli company come back to America.  I think the quality of Matt's work would be magnified if he were able to directly oversee the manufacturing process.  Just my 2 cents- worth what you paid for it.

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
Yep thanks, sure that this will be resolved, its only Sunday and emailed Matt.
Looking through the older manual see the 1 bearing swash anti rotation design so happy enough, actual latest N5C TT manual shows same config as N7 Swash so confused at first, now happy to build as is!
BTW never seen such a skinny frame on a 600 size heli before.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:39:29 AM by cyprusflyer »
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »

BTW never seen such a skinny frame on a 600 size heli before.

Skinny=Extremely lightweight.  You will love it!

flyalan

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »
Its not as simple as openeing your own machine shop. Trying to compete in this market with an in house machine shop is not practical and cost prohibitive. When MA tooled up for a new kit parts we not produced for the existing kits until that project was done. Hard to keep your customers happy that way.
In addition there is actually very little margin in a heli kit to begin with unless you are align or SAB. All produced over seas for a reason.
Why do you think KDE isn't producing heli kits. I know from a very good source close to the KDE folks that they are not in the kit business due to the lack of margin. 

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 07:44:12 PM »
American gun companies keep their customers happy and are profitable.  Even small ones make a go at it and many times become/remain successful.  So forgive me for being a patriotic American, but I'm not OK with sending work overseas, so I believe it is my duty to protest the current state of affairs whenever I get a chance.

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »
I have no idea how many kits Synergy sells yearly but I do know there are at least as many companies offering model helicopters as there are gun manufactures.  With that being said I strongly doubt Align sell half as many kits as Remington sell firearms yearly.

flyalan

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 01:45:00 AM »
Not a good analogy. There is a big difference in parts count between a gun and an RC heli.
Sounds like an economics course may be in order before graduation.... Glad you feel you have done your patriotic duty :-)

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 07:55:36 AM »
Not a good analogy. There is a big difference in parts count between a gun and an RC heli.
Sounds like an economics course may be in order before graduation.... Glad you feel you have done your patriotic duty :-)

Cheers
Alan

Many firearms are painstakingly hand-fitted by American craftsmen.  They are not a box of parts fresh of a CNC machine.  Are you telling me that just because it is cheaper to get something made in Asia that it is preferable?  Do you ever ask yourself why it is cheaper, especially considering added shipping costs?  1.)  QC is not up to par.  2.)  Workers are mistreated (google it).  I am not OK with sending my hard work away from the land which I risked my life to protect.  We have to bring manufacturing back to this country.  Incidentally, have you seen the parts count a car?  BMW is right down the road from me.

flyalan

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 09:11:47 AM »
Copenhagan,

Sounds like you need to get that engineering degree and go into the R/C Helicopter business since you seem to know how a helicopter should be designed, manufactured and marketed better than those actually doing it.

Doubtful you would be able to actually make a living at it though with your conception of the world economy.  By the way it is a world economy. 

I am all for made in the USA if it is economically feasible and practical.

Cheers

Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 10:01:22 AM »
"designed, manufactured, and marketed" Curious how you pulled that out of encouraging Mr. Botos to hire Americans instead of overseas labor.

flyalan

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »
Well my point is that you seem to have no clue what it takes to bring an R/C helicopter to market and also make a profit.  If it was profitable to continue to MFG a kit in the USA then Miniature Aircraft would likely still be in business.

As far as your BMW analogy.  The parts are made overseas for the most part.  Assembled in the USA.  Does this make it "made in America".  If so then synergy helicopters are also made in America.  I am an American and assembled the parts that were machined elsewhere. ;D

Cheers

Alan