May 04, 2024, 06:33:02 PM

Author Topic: Futaba BLS275SV does not fit  (Read 2965 times)

Offline troasb

Futaba BLS275SV does not fit
« on: August 27, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »
I went for Futaba BLS servos in my E7se. When I tried to mount the cyclic BLS275SV servos they touch each other and are too close to the Front Tail Transmission. This surprised me as I thought the design was made for Futaba BLS servos. But these are brand new and are a little larger and may have their fastening ears in a different position than the older BLS servos. Well, then I have to shim them to make them fit.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: Futaba BLS275SV does not fit
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
I believe you want either the discontinued Futaba BLS 255HV or newer BLS 272SV servos for cyclics.  It is my understanding that the larger and bulkier BLS 275SV targets 800+ size helicopers.  This thread on HF discusses the BLS 275SV servo.

Offline troasb

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 06:51:39 PM »
Well, the BLS 272SV is the closest performing servo with smaller size, although only by 1 mm in length and height. But the BLS 272SV is really far away from much of the competitions servos regarding speed and strenght. For quite a lot less money than the BLS 272SV you get high quality servos with all alloy heatsink cases with faster speed and more torque. I have heard several times that for hard 3D flying with a 700 helicopter you should go for 200oz/in or more torque and speeds 0,07sec or lower.

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:11:02 PM »
Both the discontinued Futaba BLS 255HV and the newer (programmable) BLS 272SV have a proven record on the Synergy E7SE.  I have not heard or read on anyone being limited by those servos.  On the other hand, you have a point.  Those Futaba servos are pricey, have one plastic gear (maybe sacrificial?), have a plastic case with the silly tab between the screw holes, and the speed and torque fall short compared to the newer servos.

For instance, the BK BLS-8002HV is cheaper, has a sexy metal case, has all metal gears, is faster, and has more torque.  And it is the same physical size (20x40x37mm) and weighs only 5g more.

So yes, if I were to purchase a brand new set, I would purchase the BK's.  But if I were to find a good deal on a set of mint condition BLS 255HV or 272SV (around $300 for NIB or about $210 for used), I would consider those without reservation.

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
The 7001's (or 7002's) will work great.  I am using both the Brushless and coreless servos.  The are amazingly fast and reliable.  You can't beat the price point.  I am running the 7001's on my E7 for a while now and have been very pleased. Last I looked at least one Synergy factory pilot was running BK's. Nothing wrong with other brands but why pay the extra money when it's not necessary to do so ;D

Yes I am a BK Rep.... But I was running them prior to that and have never looked back.

Cheers

Alan

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 11:24:22 PM »
The 7001's (or 7002's) will work great.  I am using both the Brushless and coreless servos.  The are amazingly fast and reliable.  You can't beat the price point.  I am running the 7001's on my E7 for a while now and have been very pleased. Last I looked at least one Synergy factory pilot was running BK's. Nothing wrong with other brands but why pay the extra money when it's not necessary to do so ;D

Yes I am a BK Rep.... But I was running them prior to that and have never looked back.

Cheers

Alan

+1 for each of Alan's comments.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline Manyc

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 03:30:06 PM »
I have just put some  bls273s in mine..  Got some goblin carbon servo spaces and used them to shim out..  Lined up well..

I didn't look to closely at the elevator servo to see how close it is..  Better do that before I madain her