May 17, 2024, 01:11:24 AM

Author Topic: CGY750 - Tail "bounce"  (Read 2494 times)

Offline smith512

CGY750 - Tail "bounce"
« on: June 17, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
Just maiden'd the E7 and I have a tail issue that I would like your help with.  First the heli specs:

E7
Hacker A50-12L
TP 4400mAh 45C packs
HeliJive 120 ESC set for mode 5 with auto rotation bail out enabled
CGY750
BLS255HV
BLS256HV
2S straight lipo for receiver pack
Rail 696
Rail 106

Issue with the tail is that upon stopping a pirouette, the tail will bounce once in the opposite direction of the commanded pirouette.  I would describe it as a correctional overshoot, e.t. - I will command a left piro, I will center the rudder stick quickly, the tail will stop aggressively, but it will over-correct with a right piro about 5-10 degrees and stop.  Direction of piro doesnt matter.  Very slow piro's will not produce this, only quick piros.

CGY750 is setup with rudder in "3D" mode, all other settings are default at this point (only flown 6 times).  Gain is at 60% right now).  I have tried upping the "Stop Delay" from the default 120% to as high as 300% with no effect.  I have adjusted the "Control Delay out" with no effect.  I run zero expo in the CGY and have 30% expo in my transmitter.

I just ordered some 110mm tail blades to try, but am unsure it that will help solve the issue.

At this point I can not comment on the performance of the tail in forward or backward flight, as I was simply doing some hovering to break in new batteries (this heli is a brand new build).

Any suggestions that I could try?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Steve
N5c-OS55HZ-R-Rail 606
N7-OS91HZ-R SPEED-Rail 696

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
CGY750 - Tail "bounce"
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
I'm having this same issue with the 750 on my N5c and it did not do this with the total g I had on before. It's something Im missing it the settings in the 750. I have tried several things with no improvement.
I'm using the bls251 and I have also tried the JR8900g.

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
Re: CGY750 - Tail "bounce"
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:39:28 PM »
Guys,

Check your tail thrust bearings to make sure they are installed correctly and greased.
Check your tail push rod to make sure it slides freely.
You must size all links going back to the tail including the tail pitch links.

The reason for the bounce is most likely because the servo is fighting a mechanical bind and can not respond fast enough. I have three helicopters with 750's installed, none have a bounce.

One more possibility...... If your ESC governor is not responding to the increased load fast enough, you may get a delayed reaction from the motor which would cause the tail to kick. Not sure but just another thought...

Tommy,
On the N5c it can be related to belt break in. Make sure you spray the belt with silicone and run it tight for a few flights.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Matt
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:42:59 PM by Matt Botos »