May 03, 2024, 11:06:15 PM

Author Topic: actual contact phone number  (Read 1422 times)

Offline audio131

actual contact phone number
« on: June 06, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »
Is there an actual contact phone number to speak to someone about the problems I'm having with the 516. As I do not want to sit here and type paragraphs and paragraphs about the problems and the stuff I found wrong with the heli

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: actual contact phone number
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 11:34:10 AM »
I'm sorry you're having issues with your 516 build.  Can you just explain, as simply as possible, what the issues are?  I saw you post about the 21T pinion and the gear mesh being too tight.  What motor are you using that would require that gear ratio?  That's a pretty extreme gear ratio difference from the recommended specs.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline audio131

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 01:32:14 PM »
trying to run a kde 550 1200kv.. motor fits and has too. to side back and forth.. the counter bearing slots are not open enough to accommodate the 21t pinion sold for this heli.... also i hate the lipo tray design. find frames too narrow for actual lipo size recommended for this heli.. does anyone else find need to read that verfication and stuff every time you post a pain in the ass?

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:40:46 PM »
The verification thing goes away after like your 10th post.  It's there to thwart the spambots.

What ESC are you running?  That gear ratio with that motor is going to be pretty hard on the ESC.  Most people running that motor choose it because they are wanting to run lower head speeds.

As for the battery packs on the tray, most people have found it easier to use the two battery straps strapped together and run them lengthwise with the packs.  This makes it a lot easier to change packs on a tray as well as giving you more side clearance since the battery straps are out of the way of the rails.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »
The KDE 1200kv motor is not recommended for this heli...... Especially with the 21T pinion. You are going to have very high ESC and battery temps. I would stay with the 1350kv motor and between 16-18t pinions depending on your target head speed.

We can't measure the dimensions of every pack on the market. 6s 4400mah packs is the recommended battery but unfortunately not all packs are made with the same dimensions. As stated above, two straps lengthwise works the best.

The post verification is for spam control. After you have reached 10 posts it will go away. I have gone ahead and boosted your post count so that you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Thanks,

Matt Botos
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:59:59 PM by Matt Botos »

Offline Rob Cherry

• Factory Pilot
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 03:29:48 PM »
Keep in mind the motor you've selected (KDE550-1200kv) is quite the powerhouse. While KDE "says" it's intended for 500-600 class models, going by the listed specs and what I've heard from other users, it's actually a 600+ class motor that develops over 4500 watts and 200+ peak amps.  That's insane power for 500 class blades, let alone the demand put on any 6S battery.

We've seen amazing performance with 2200 watt motors using relatively small 90A ESC's.  Anything greater simply over-stresses the mechanics beyond the intended design.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:35:14 PM by Rob Cherry »
Synergy Factory Pilot

Offline audio131

esc
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 03:43:05 PM »
hi. thanks.. using a hobbywing 130hv esc. . id like to see how that kde performs before i buy a 1350kv.. but anyway.  whats up with the 21t pinion actually not fitting in the heli due to the counter bearing slots not elongated enough?

Offline audio131

headspeed
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 03:51:04 PM »
this is all cause im thinking the heli should be around 2700 headspeed for good aggressive 3d flying.. is that right? what do you guys fly it at?

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
Re: headspeed
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 04:24:29 PM »
this is all cause im thinking the heli should be around 2700 headspeed for good aggressive 3d flying.. is that right? what do you guys fly it at?

Between 2600 and 2800 is for very aggressive 3D but.... with the appropriate motor. You should always try to take advantage of the smallest pinion possible as your mechanical advantage is better and your electronics will stay much cooler. I designed the Synergy 516 for motors rated around 2000 watts. Using something with double the power will require a larger ESC that will only add unwanted weight to the helicopter. I'm sorry but that motor just isn't going to work for the Synergy 516.

As far as why the 21T pinion is not providing adequate room to mesh. I will need to check into this, the only thing I can think of is that there may be CF dust in the slots from when the CNC router cut the slots. Try scraping them out with an exacto knife.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline audio131

kde motor
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »
ok. thanks. nothing blocking the slots. just not elongated enough for the 21t.  put a 19t on it and tedt flew it today with 2600 hs. seems fine for now. that motor had tons of power and was ice cold after flight..     i am curious about the main gear,  the depth of the teeth are not that deep and about half of what the pinion is.. is there a reason for this?  never seen a gear as shallow as this one. was wondering the thinking or engineering behind it? then at that point should there be no backlash when setting the pinion?

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 10:29:59 AM »
Set the pinion mesh with no back lash.

Main gear and pinion are mod .7 helical, the only thing custom is the angle I chose.

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 09:30:56 AM »
Amain has the 1350 on sale
Cliff