Synergy Electric Helicopters > Synergy E5

E5SS Head Wobble

(1/3) > >>

Forced_Induction:
So far im loving my E5 super stretch.  But im having a head wobble issue. 

Im using switch 713mm blades that are perfectly balanced both c of and weight.  headspeeds are 1600, 1800 & 2000 rpm.  it wobbles in all flight modes.  Ive greased the dampeners and tried 2 other shim configurations.  i believe the shim thicknesses are 1mm, 0.8mm & 0.5mm.  with the 1mm shims theres no play and the grips rotate freely.  with the 0.8mm shims, theres a small amount of play that the feathering shaft will slide back and forth.  with 0.5mm and 0.8mm for a total shim thickness of 1.3mm, the grips start to get notchy.  i havent flown with the 0.8mm shims as id think the play would make things worse. 

blades are tightened evenly and tight enough that i can tip the heli on the side and they stayin place, but a small bump will make them fall. 

It will spool up nicely but once it reaches speed it wobbles.  it also wobbles worse on spool down if i give it hard negative to slow the rotor head.

anyone have any ideas?

Rodney Kirstine:
Are the dampers new or do they have some flights on them?

Forced_Induction:
Less than 10 flights on the heli. I've tried using 0.5 and 0.8mm shims and it was much worse. Last flight I tried the 0.8mmshims and loosening the blade grip bolts and its good in flight, but still has the wobble on spool down.

Rodney Kirstine:
Give it some more flights to break in the dampers and it should smooth out.

Grimmy:
Make sure the dampeners are oiled as well.......not dry.  I believe it's stated in the manual.  I use Triflo (sp?) on mine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version