May 03, 2024, 03:40:53 AM

Author Topic: Exhaust loctite?  (Read 6436 times)

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: Exhaust loctite?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »
i may have missinterpreted the post, i apologize. i thought we were talking about the 4 M3 bolts that hold the pipe to the mounting plate, not a pipe that bolts to the motor with long M3's. yes, i nut those as well.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »

i may have missinterpreted the post, i apologize. i thought we were talking about the 4 M3 bolts that hold the pipe to the mounting plate, not a pipe that bolts to the motor with long M3's. yes, i nut those as well.

Yes, both sets of hardware are being discussed. Your correct Mike. Lock washers on the 4 smaller M3 bolts is hard to find. It seems like the silicone isolators may provide some locking characteristics with the combination of Loctite or high temp silicone on the threads.
I have done what Kevin and the others have suggested with the lock washers. This fits well with how I would like to see the two header bolts hold the manifold on.
Perspective Visuals

Offline rcnut

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 07:09:53 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the 4 blind nuts on the header are a type of "crush" nut...not needing loctite of any type. I've had one of those nuts lock on very well, to the point I could not remove it from the header!  ???
I love the smell of Nitro in the morning!

Offline Barry Tilson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
  • Perspective Visuals
Exhaust loctite?
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 04:28:02 AM »
They are a different type of nut than I'm used to seeing. I will keep an eye on them to see how they hold out.
Perspective Visuals

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 08:52:14 AM »
They are self-clinching nuts.  They're usually used in sheet metal.  I use them all the time in sheet metal panels on equipment.

http://catalog.pemnet.com/category/pem-brand-self-clinching-and-broaching-fasteners
Rodney

Team Synergy