May 07, 2024, 10:42:35 PM

Author Topic: YS 91SRX Tareq and Hatori muffler  (Read 17540 times)

Offline mdu6

Re: YS 91SRX Tareq and Hatori muffler
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »
Look at my picture,  you can tweak it and be very close in terms of arm length BUT don't forget the Tareq hover point is at 40% on the carb - so there is already some differential in terms of pure geometry.

Offline MadBird

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 04:31:38 AM »
I think I've got it sorted now.

To stop any binding on the RJX full size servos whilst maintaining a short servo arm I have to extend the distance between the barrel and it's arm. Four of the tail blade washers make the spacing spot on if I compromise a little and go out one hole extra on the servo arm. I'll machine up an aluminium spacer and see how it performs.

Thanks for your help Mario, it is very much appreciated.

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
Received my Tareq engine today, must say I am really impressed with RCJapan, true to their word, sent in the stated time and EMS post was really quick, also got the Hatori pipe.
So will probably swap out the OS105 which has been a PITA since day one, trouble tuning so a bit more tinkering to do.
Thought about the servo arm problem and have considered a spacer, have been looking around my bits boxes.
Well done Madbird, didnt think of tail blade spacers, may have a few that I can red locktite together and use a longer screw, makes perfect sense.
In fact just used some of those spacers on my N5C build, had some Booya canopy mounts, 2 of the spacers brought out the mounts to the correct distance.
Has anyone used a Spektrum RPM backplate sensor with this engine??
I ask because I notice a steel ring inset into the backplate, sense says no unless you know different.

I have also taken to using Mikado balls and links in tight spaces, the links are designed for 2.5mm threaded rod so go straight on Synergy rods but offer quite a bit of space saving under servo horns.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:56:06 PM by cyprusflyer »
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Jmiceli11

• Field Representative
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »
All I did for spacers was an extra 2mm nut on the ball then through the arm and a 2mm nut on the back works great.

John

Offline MadBird

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 09:16:13 PM »
Has anyone used a Spektrum RPM backplate sensor with this engine??
I ask because I notice a steel ring inset into the backplate, sense says no unless you know different.

You are correct. The Spektrum backplate sensor wont work with the SRX because of the ferrous ring, this was the same on the 3DS. On the 3DS though, some people were swapping the ringed backplate with the one from the standard SR and that seemed to work ok, but I don't know if that will work with the SRX as I haven't checked to see if the backplate is the same as the SR and 3DS.

Cheers
Matt

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 01:37:06 AM »
Thanks Mat, its only for the telemetry, I have an align sensor on the clutch stack, feeding a VBar for governor, may just try a Y lead into the Spektrum TM1000, hopefully the inputs have a high enough impedance to feed both devices.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Mike King

• Field Representative
  • Viva la nitro!
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 06:22:30 AM »
Feeding the TM1000 via a wire spliced into the signal wire of the governor sensor is what I've done on a couple of my models now.  Works perfectly.
Mike King
Field Representative

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 12:54:05 PM »
Feeding the TM1000 via a wire spliced into the signal wire of the governor sensor is what I've done on a couple of my models now.  Works perfectly.
Thanks, put my mind at rest, did just that today and got the magnet pickup indication on the bench, one sensor only, that's much better.
So got the YS91 in today, no dramas at all, top tip on this forum was to install the exhaust manifold as a bit of the shroud around that area needs trimming away.
Left the OS servo horn on, a bit longer and with some tail spacers geometry was perfect and no adjustment to endpoints required.
Other note is that after all the trouble with shims required for the OS105, the YS91 was a perfect fit, none required!
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Mike King

• Field Representative
  • Viva la nitro!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »
Looking forward to your flight reports cyprusflyer!
Mike King
Field Representative

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 04:51:10 AM »
Wish I had fitted the YS in the first place, feels like I have built this model twice over, ah well its winter and not so many flying days!
Here's some pictures using some tail spacers and a longer screw with an OS carb horn to keep the geometry the same :) In fact double checked with VBar setup and no adjustments needed. The longer carb arm also keeps the ball link out on the servo which is good.
Plenty of rain here but could not resist firing up in the yard between rain spells :) Started reasonably well but stopped abruptly when I spooled up and wouldn't restart. Blew a glow plug, OS No8, after that was replaced, all was wonderful, started first time and spooled up with stock settings, maybe some crap in the engine from new! Obviously very rich but  at least I can now take it out and know all is well and gently run in the beast  8)
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 07:00:26 PM »
Hey, what Hatori pipe are you running there? I heard the YS120 pipe works really well with the 91.
Rob Bingham

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 12:58:28 AM »
I have the one designed for it, copy off invoice: MUFFLER/HEADER 90FS-3D 4 / YS91SRX-TAREQ YS91SRS YS91SR-3DS (HA-946)
The 946, all from RCJapan, great service BTW, and quick too, they have a pipeline time in Japan from the manufacturers but get it over quick once they have it.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »
Cool, let us know how it goes mate.
Rob Bingham

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
All I can say is fantastic, this engine is no drama queen! Run a gallon through yesterday, not concentrating on tuning too much, temp max was about 70 Deg C on the head via telemetry.
Today though wow, leaned out a bit, still smoke and rich max temp around 90 Deg this time and got the lovely single note in big loops and a slight rise in temp. Transition still a little hesitant but the mid or hover needle as they call it will be ready for some more after a few more gallons through it. Only using 15% Nitro at the moment but will change up to 22% when the N5C comes online :)  Three more gallons of this to get through, wont take long, then consider it run-in after a slow lean out through the process.
Needles were confusing at first RTFM!  The main needle looks like where the mid should be to me, its inset but closest to the fuel inlet so made a nice extension for it out of a canopy mount stud and a Quick UK red marker so NO confusion.
However surprised that the main went from 1.25 down to 0.5 turns and mid from 1.75 down to about 1.25.
The idle was terrible, I turned that leaner just below 1 turn and had to lower the throttle trim a lot, then the idle was great and I could stop the blades :) May have to revisit the idle once the engine is run in and tune is finalised.

Flies fantastic as reported, as good as it looks and sounds, great day out :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:10:09 AM by cyprusflyer »
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 10:31:13 AM »
That's great that you finally got some enjoyable flying in!  It's such a sweet flying helicopter!

Sent from my MotoX via Tapatalk2

Rodney

Team Synergy