May 08, 2024, 04:02:30 PM

Author Topic: YS 91SRX Tareq and Hatori muffler  (Read 17541 times)

Offline cyprusflyer

Re: YS 91SRX Tareq and Hatori muffler
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 12:45:27 PM »
Thanks Rodney appreciated, been another adventure, had a 20 year break (planks) then got into heli's 2 years ago with electrics, huge learning curve and very enjoyable. Nitro's another factor, electrics were becoming a bit Mechano and plug-n-play but its all coming back! Main downside is you can't stand behind the prop and tune for max noise then back off a bit but Tim Jones and Smacktalk videos helping here!
I have an Aerospire governor for the N5C, Vbar was driving me mad so stuck that on the N7 yesterday, so much simpler, maybe I would have been better sticking a mild V curve in to keep it simple and build it up to governor, will probably do that on the N5C, KISS!
Nothing more satisfying than getting there after a few hurdles, well dont know what I will use my OS 105 for now and I need another governor lol.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 06:19:09 PM »
Man my feelings exactly, the N7 is a smooth machine right! It does what you tell it, and it moves!  I am running the Os91speed on 30% not a single complaint, couldn't be happier. 8)

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 07:59:55 AM »
Yes lovely to fly enjoyed again today but not yesterday, so here goes and some useful info hopefully:
Well, played around with the tuning and could not get back to where I was on Saturday which was odd, I had loads of advice, lean main, mid, idle blah blah, a few gentle flights but bogged like hell in loops and slight temp increase.

Got home and thought, needles way out of recommended, stop, re-evaluate and think, at least RTFM again.
Something clicked when the manual mentioned tuning the HOVER NEEDLE FIRST!
Why was that I thought, then found this on the web: http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t445879p1/
So why is this different from OS, surely the main needle controls fuel overall, NOT on a YS is doesn't I took the small fuel pipe link off the engine and put a spare piece onto the carb and blew whilst playing with the needle valves and throttle barrel position. The high needle did actually nothing until the barrel gets close to full throttle. The mid was nice and linear until it got near the top end where the high takes over, I had the high set so hardly any fuel was getting in.

Took the exhaust off and checked, all was well, slight coco brown but parts still shiny with a black ring so no harm done, probably cos I had not had it on full bore for more than a few secs! Lesson learned and telemetry probably saved me here.

So think of it like this, an OS carb has the high feeding the Mid, like it is in series ref the fuel flow, the YS has fuel available in parallel to both needles, simples heh. Looking at the throttle barrel outside it has CNC tracks to allow the fuel into the venturi, again seperate.

So today, went back to factory settings, tuned the mid until the boom wasn't twitching so much, then some big loops and leaned the high a bit. Temperature stayed fairly constant around 100 Deg C and LOTS OF POWER ;D
Main is just over a turn and mid at 1.25, much better.

Great, nearly there but governor stopped working, head speed close to 2000 RPM, requested was 1800.
Moved the sensor about but no good.  Went back to VBar governor from Aerospire multigov, thats working but twitching back, must be gain settings or something. Then someone mentioned that for YS change the Minimum Gov% from -50% to -20%. Now what this does is limits the lowest servo position that the throttle may go, its in the negative sector, so  -50% is lower throttle than -20%.

Tried this, then crazy headspeed again, aha it twigged that the YS throttle needs to get lower to reduce the HS!
So -40% was the limit where the governor could take the throttle low enough. My multigov was set to 30%, betting that this was why the governor lower speeds were not obtainable.

So now I have great flying heli, only one issue, it burbles a bit at 1800 HS when I come off the pitch(also hangs a bit in hold), probably rich on the mid, but may just leave it for a few more tanks and enjoy the flying.

So any experienced YS users have this and maybe the hover mark on the carb has significance here?
My throttle position is -20% to get to that mark!

Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »
And as a bonus, managed to get a Spektrum backplate sensor working consistently with Telemetry. I thought that this wouldn't work due to a steel ring inset into the backplate, but it does.
I had to move it out away from the backplate about 1mm for consistent results.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 01:08:22 PM »
More smiles today, that YS is running like a train, N7 flying really well now and engine tuning almost there.
Only issue I have is getting the idle right, it was cutting out now and again coming off idle to spool up.
Think I have it cracked now, last flight did a few auto's and spool up from hold worked perfectly.
Running 15% Nitro for now, have 2 gals to burn off but wont harm to run in on this, changing up to 22% ready for when the N5C comes on line.
But greatest cool feature I have just got working is the saved Telemetry file off my DX9 TX, can clearly see how the governor is performing and engine head temperature, see screenshot! Idle up 1 is 1840 and Idle up 2 is 1950
Now running VBar governor with Aerospire Multigov sensor but supply to sensor is 5.3v from the Perfect reg switch, I have hardly any sensor glitches in the VBar log and you can see it does pretty well on the graph.
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Jmiceli11

• Field Representative
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »
Cyprusflyer,

I've had the same experience. Love the YS91 in the N7!

John