May 08, 2024, 03:12:02 AM

Author Topic: OS GT 15HZ  (Read 1548 times)

Offline DaweMD

OS GT 15HZ
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:07:44 PM »
What would the recommended pinion be running this engine? Also, is there any mods required to the tank in order to put regular mixed gas in there? I know on other models I own the tank fittings had to be changed in order to accommodate regular gas. Also, is there any mods required to the frame in order to run this engine? Or is it a direct fit?

Thanks in advance.

Offline in2deep

Re: OS GT 15HZ
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:13:50 PM »
What sizes are available? I thought the only other option was 21t.

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
Re: OS GT 15HZ
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »
how did this project turn out? the ONLY stories I have heard about these OS 2 stroke motors are horror stories. if  you want to fly gas, until OS figures their heli engines out better, stick with Zenoah. 9 times out of 10 the fuel fittings, and the fuel tank itself is just fine with gas/oil mix, its the fuel lines that need changing. you have a few options out there, but tygon is really my favorite. you can use the Zenoah line as well (black line). some guys use a combination of the two.....tygon from carb to tank for feed and return, and Zenoah for clunk line (it is a tad bit more flexible). if you have never run a 2 stroke heli before, be sure to do your research, or inquire from someone who has experience plumbing the tank and tuning a carb. totally different than nitro. the tank must be vented, it is not pressurized. carbs are extremely finicky too, 1/16 of a turn to far and your motor is smoked, not nearly as forgiving as a nitro. PM me if you have any questions, I love to talk motors and gassers  :) the OS motor is one that I don't know much about, but I do know a few guys I can get you in touch with that can help (in between re-building their own GT15HZ hahaha).
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos