May 08, 2024, 03:26:09 PM

Author Topic: N7 Build thread on RCHA  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Rctintin

N7 Build thread on RCHA
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:46:43 PM »
Hi guys, thought you all may like to take a look at my N7 build thread over on the UK heli forum RcHeliaddicts

Enjoy....http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/synergy/106130-synergy-n7-big-build-thread.html
Rob Bingham

Offline Mr.Rigid

• www.rigidheli.com
Re: N7 Build thread on RCHA
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:16:32 AM »
Nice job Rob!

Grtz Rogiƫr

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
Cheers dude.

Doing one now for the E7se
Rob Bingham

Offline Grimmy

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 07:20:05 AM »
I don't know if anyone else saw this, and I don't know the N7 at all, but if it's like any of the other models, aren't you suppose to pin the tail boom on the front tail boom holder, and not the rear?  I thought I read somewhere, I think it might have been Matt saying that pinning on the read will weaken the boom, and that's a high stress point.  Maybe someone else can elaborate more on this.

Great write up on the build though!  I'm toying with a second project this year, and thinking of dipping into the nitro side.

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »
Since my build thread, Matt has confirmed that the 'preferred' place to pin the boom is the front clamp. However, he has yet to see, or hear, of a failure of the boom in flight with a rear clamp pinning.

I looked over my other helis (I have 14) and my Gaui X7 & NX4 are pinned at the rear clamp, as are all 4 of my Aligns (550, 2x700e, 700n) my brand new Thunder Tiger E700, and my N5c.

That lot adds up to a lot of flights, and I've never had an issue, and I've never seen any top level Align pilots break one in flight (at the front clamp) and I know 3 factory pilots personally.
Rob Bingham

Offline cyprusflyer

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 02:40:56 AM »
Ah, good point, the main gear gets in the way of the front clamp, didn't bother with mine but a 3mm hole is a tiny percentage of material so shouldn't matter. If there is enough stress to matter, then the boom is most likely bent and bug***d anyway. Will do mine at next opportunity  :)

And completed mine today, actually I did have the boom twist when I landed on uneven ground and the fin dragged a bit so this will prevent that.
A 3mm hole is less than 4% of material and it is completely enclosed inside the clamp so insignificant IMO.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:43:28 AM by cyprusflyer »
Trex 550E
Logo 500SE - 600SX
SynergyE7, N5C and N7
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR

Offline Rctintin

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
When I crash my Aligns (I don't mind on them!!) the boom has sometimes broken there, sometimes its bent like a banana and not broken.

I look at it this way... The Gaui X7 has a fairly narrow boom, and if you have never seen him fly, I suggest you watch Dunkan Bossion fly his!!

Align 700e, watch Jamie R, Ben Storick, Duncan Osbourn, etc etc, none break their booms at that joint. (I've seen Duncan break his at the boom support clamp, and he never crashes, so it was not weakened by that)
Rob Bingham

Offline Roger

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 02:21:08 AM »
Very nice build thread.  The photos accompanying the text are VERY well done.  How did you setup your camera and lights? 

R.O.G.
ROG
Retired Old Guy