Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N5 / N5c

elevator servo binding due to link balls on the inside

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kevin Feil:
I'm with Brandon, We talked about it before and I tried it and Works Great! you have to do a little Modding to the Screws but it can be done. ;)

Kevin

RyanW:
A washer between the servo arm and the servo output spline?

How do you use a Futaba servo wheel on a JR servo, the tooth count is different?

Thanks,

Branden Wheaton:
I used a washer in between the servo horn and the servo screw. The washer was just used to force them on. I tightened the screw down pushing the servo horn on after the horn is set in place I removed the washer. I had 25 flights on them with no problem.

RyanW:
I am glad that you didn't have any issue with it, but if I understand correctly that you are forcing the Futaba wheel on a JR output shaft, then I have to strongly caution against anyone else doing this. Putting a Futaba arm on a JR output shaft will lead to stress cracks and eventual failure.

As for running the JR servo arms- the best to use are the JR arms that have the metal sleeve that reinforces the area around the servo output shaft (splined).

Almost all of the machines I have looked at with JR servos have the carbon plates mounted on the outside of the servo arm, which alleviates the interference with the top of the servo case, but makes the control rods canted out at an angle. If you want the geometry as Matt intended it, you need to have a very shallow head on the screws you use to mount the carbon plate.

Branden Wheaton:
Very little force is required to do this. The spline on the JR servo is metal so i dont see that being a weak. There is little difference between the two different spline. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version