May 03, 2024, 07:01:25 AM

Author Topic: N7 incorrect screws being installed  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Ed

N7 incorrect screws being installed
« on: June 15, 2015, 04:04:59 PM »
Hi, I just purchased the N7 kit about two weeks ago while attending the Mid America Funfly in Michigan.  I just started the build last night and I ran into a problem on page 8 of the manual.  The wrong screws are installed into the frame spacers (310-110).  They have M2.5x6 CAP HEAD screws installed where M2.5x6 cross recessed screws should go.  I checked through the ENTIRE kit, none of those screws are floating around elsewhere.  My problem is that i went to two hardware stores to see if they had them-they don't carry them that small.  I went to the hardware store because the local hobby doesn't have them in stock.  So I looked the part number on the Synergy store....it shows that part number as being a cap head screw even though the manual says it's a cross recessed screw.  I looked up the a previously installed crossed recess screw M2.5x6 and it showed a different part number of 103-256 (page 7 of N7 manual). so, I am guessing I need 6 of 103-256 instead of 6 of 100-206. I don't mind paying a couple of bucks for screws, but just by barely.   However I don't really want to pay those shipping fees for six screws!  I looked up other post and Matt stated to email him if there is missing parts from the kit and that they will get them out asap.  I looked under Contact on the Synergy home page and it directs me to the forum. 

I need 6 M2.5x6 cross recessed screws part number 103-256, can someone supply me with Matt's email that he uses for this stuff? 

Many Thanks!
Ed Hackman
eghackman@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:07:23 PM by Ed »

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: N7 incorrect screws being installed
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 04:24:16 PM »
You can reach him at matt@mattbotos.com

Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Ed

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »
You can reach him at matt@mattbotos.com

Thanks Rodney!

Offline Rob Cherry

• Factory Pilot
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:22:58 PM »
Did you reach Matt? I have a bunch I could send you on Matts behalf. Let me know...
Synergy Factory Pilot

Offline Ed

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »
Hi Rob. yes I did get in contact with Matt, he is sending them out to me.  Thank you for offering to help out!

Offline Ben Kerr

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 08:05:19 PM »
I have never found anything in stock at a hardware store smaller that M4. That's why I ended up going through the Synergy manuals and placing an order for every size screw through Fastenal. Now I have about $150 in screws that will last me a good ten years at the rate I use them.

Did you get the N7 built yet? Lets see some pictures.
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Scorpion Power Systems/Thunder Power