May 04, 2024, 06:51:03 AM

Author Topic: E5 servo list  (Read 13511 times)

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
Re: E5 servo list
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
Yeah, I'm not running the Align, going with futaba probably.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm not running the Align, going with futaba probably.

I believe that you are making the right choice and will be much happier in the long run.

Rich
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »
Looks like I might get to run the BLS255 servos now because of the Christmas gig and a gift I recently received.   ;D

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »
Have you tried the servos on the E5 yet?

Will there be fitment issue with the MKS servos though?  Also, I checked out the old videos of Tareeq flying the Goblin, looks like they were using the Torq servos.  If anyone went that direction, which size servo would work best?

I'll be using MKS' in mine, so I'll let you know how they fit.  The Torq HV servos are rebadged MKS'.

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
I think you will be extremely happy with them.  Did you decide on the tail yet?

Rich
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »
You mean the tail servo right?  I will run the 256, that is what Matt is running right?

www.inner3.com

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
Have you tried the servos on the E5 yet?

Will there be fitment issue with the MKS servos though?  Also, I checked out the old videos of Tareeq flying the Goblin, looks like they were using the Torq servos.  If anyone went that direction, which size servo would work best?

I'll be using MKS' in mine, so I'll let you know how they fit.  The Torq HV servos are rebadged MKS'.

I have a few flights on them and they work great.  The MKS servos are slightly larger than most, but they E5 handles them with minor mods.  I put an extra cf servo plate under each of the front two cyclic servos to keep them from touching.  This extra spacing is so minor that there is no adverse interaction and the swash stays completely level throughout it's complete range.  The other minor mod is installing the servo arms.  MKS use Futaba splines so you can use the wheels Matt designed the arms for, but there isn't enough space under the wheel to mount the screws as designed.  The cap head of the screw is thicker than the nut, so I reversed the screw and put thenut behind the wheel, then smoothed out the screw so nothing stuck past the nut and nothing rubs.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:18:35 AM by Chumley »
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »
Just received this comment in helifreak.  I feel that all most all of the comments I receive here are top both and wanted your advice on this one. This is in reference to me choosing the BlS255 set up.

Waste of money, you won't be able to tell the difference between BLS-451's and 255HV's.
You will notice a significant difference between Jive and Ice.

Now having said that, it's your money and your heli, if it makes you feel better, just ignore my comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
Also the guy who sent that in the thread, it is interesting that he does not have a Synergy helicopter but he posted that in the synergy section on HF.  I know he tried selling some JR servos to me but I passed on them.

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 03:29:54 PM »
Also the guy who sent that in the thread, it is interesting that he does not have a Synergy helicopter but he posted that in the synergy section on HF.  I know he tried selling some JR servos to me but I passed on them.

I don't think this needs to be rehashed again.  There is one person that has more flights on a E5 than I do, that person is Matt.  Both Matt and I are using the same ESC and BEC both are CC but, if you want to fly the Kontronics that would be a great choice too.  As far as feeling the difference between ESCs that is doubtful.  The only place you are likely to feel the difference is in your pocket.  When I asked Matt what ESC, BEC and I should run his answers were as listed as above and that is good enough for me.  I don't know who Matt's sponsors are and don't really care.  I asked a question of someone who has more experience and who's skills far exceed my own and listened to his advice.       

The HV servos you mentioned have a slight speed and torque advantage not much difference otherwise.

Rich
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:25:12 PM by RichL »

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
Sorry to bring it up again, just making sure I make the right choice.  I will probably go with 255 and at least know it is a great servo.  Plus the 120HV and bec pro would still be a lot less then the Jive setup.  That's why I ask, I feel I get honest answers here.

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
Sorry to bring it up again, just making sure I make the right choice.  I will probably go with 255 and at least know it is a great servo.  Plus the 120HV and bec pro would still be a lot less then the Jive setup.  That's why I ask, I feel I get honest answers here.

No problem at all and no reason for you to apologize.  I completely understand the concept of making wise choices and spending your hard earned cash wisely.  I have not seen or heard of anyone on this forum giving bad advise.  There are a lot of choices as far as how to equip your E5 that is one of the things that makes it great. I know that your going to love your E5 as long as you set it up correctly and use quality equipment. As I have stated before quality counts not the name on the label, with Synergy those two attributes  intersect.

Rich