May 04, 2024, 03:46:26 AM

Author Topic: XT60 connectors  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
XT60 connectors
« on: December 18, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »
What do you guys think about the XT60 connectors?  My hobby shop owner also has a business building super large plans and they measure the xt60 connector and it has a super high rating.  Anyone going to use these?  I know a lot of people are doing either the EC5 or PRC6 so that will be the preference for many here, but just seeing if anyone is going to try the xt60.  I have used them before and like them.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
Re: XT60 connectors
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »
Any thoughts?

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:26:55 PM »
What do you guys think about the XT60 connectors?  My hobby shop owner also has a business building super large plans and they measure the xt60 connector and it has a super high rating.  Anyone going to use these?  I know a lot of people are doing either the EC5 or PRC6 so that will be the preference for many here, but just seeing if anyone is going to try the xt60.  I have used them before and like them.

I don't have any experience with them so I did a little research.  Max wire gauge 12, Max current 70A.  I think they are a little so small for this application in both current rating and wire gauge.  If you are still going to use the CC 120HV, the wiring on the battery side is 8 AWG and you still have to contend with adding the BEC wiring.  PRC6 is my choice of connector is easily handles 8 gauge wire and the additional BEC wiring plus, they are rated for 200+ amps.  The only draw back is that they do require a little skill with the soldiering iron but, most large gauge wire and connectors require this anyway.  Just my 2 cents.  David over at ProgressiveRC can answer most any question about connectors.  He is the designer of the PRC6 and his business is connectors, chargers and power supplies.  You can find him here: http://www.progressiverc.com/

Here is a link to a video about connectors, their ratings any recommended applications from ProgerssiveRC:  Product Spotlight - Connectors

Rich
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:48:25 PM by RichL »
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline GimpyGolden

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »
XT150 is a slick connector, assemble easy and connect and disconnect easily.
If you LHS can get XT60's he should be able to get these as well.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_13&products_id=114
RCHeliCanada.com Field Rep

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
It must be the 150 he was talking about because they were talking about it being 150a. Plus I know they must be using big wires.  I will ask about that today and see them or see if he can get those.  If not then ill order the prc6 but he doesn't have access to those through their dealers. 

www.inner3.com

Offline RichH

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »
You can get 6mm PRC style connectors on eBay for pretty cheap.  They appear to be the same as the PRC6 from Progressive.  These have plenty of current capacity, easy to solder, and easy to connect/disconnect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/hxt-bullet-connectors-6mm-w-housing-10-female-10-male-heavy-duty-rc-connectors-/181026768275?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2a26094593

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
Wow that is a great deal.  I know progressive is a good store so I'll figure out who to order from.  At first I thought that getting 10 for that price was a better deal but you get 4 from Progressive for 6.99 right? Can't remember the price.  I'll make an order on Monday, should arrive when I be back in town.

www.inner3.com