May 04, 2024, 01:00:38 AM

Author Topic: E5 case  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
E5 case
« on: December 20, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »
What are you guys using to carry your E5 around?  I have my other helis stored in hard cases under the bed in the guest room (without guests) and i have enough space to fit the E5 but I would prefer it to be in a case of some sort.  There is the revo bag for 60+ dollars and one from hobby king that is around 30 dollars.  I think I heard Bobby Watts say a long time ago in a video that he makes one from Harbor Freight.  Is that an option? 
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
Re: E5 case
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »
I use my truck to carry my E5 around.   ;D
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline KevinM

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:58:34 AM »
That's funny Rich!.. you know I wonder (havent looked) if pelican makes cases that diminsion, that would certainly be an awesome case to carry around and use for travel!

KevinM

Offline BrianE

• Field Representative
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
What are you guys using to carry your E5 around?  I have my other helis stored in hard cases under the bed in the guest room (without guests) and i have enough space to fit the E5 but I would prefer it to be in a case of some sort.  There is the revo bag for 60+ dollars and one from hobby king that is around 30 dollars.  I think I heard Bobby Watts say a long time ago in a video that he makes one from Harbor Freight.  Is that an option?

I use my truck too  :D, but I would really like a protective case as well.  I'm interested in any ideas someone comes up with. 
E7SE, Sliverline VBar, Edge 160HVf, Scorpion HKIII 4530, Futaba BLS, OptiGuard and BEC Guards

E5-626, Vbar NEO, Edge 120HV, Scorpion HKIII 4035, MKS 950/980 OptiGuard and BEC Guards

Offline RyanW

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 10:16:38 AM »
What are you guys using to carry your E5 around?

I usually use my right hand. That is unless my friend Rick is at the field. In that case it is carried by his right or left hand  ;)
-Ryan

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
Like most guys, I just carry it like I do my E6 and my E7, and that is without anything special, just by hand and my car.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
E5 case
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »
Would love to see a case myself. I thought about buying one from a company and then pulling all the threads out where the name is embroidered to make it generic haha.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
Well, guess that would be one less thing to buy.  I thought it would make it easier to carry and offer some security from prying eyes if you had to go to a store or something before the field.  Actually thinking about that, there are sometimes I may finish teaching a class and want to fly so it would be nice having it not so visible to people passing by.  Even though my windows are tinted you can still see through the hatch glass. It's more of protection from possible thieves if the helicopter must wait in the car before taking to the skies.

www.inner3.com

Offline RyanW

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
I can't really say this is for everyone... but I have mine in my SUV most of the time. They are mounted on a custom rack and there is a custom mount on the side of that rack that holds a Benelli 12ga tactical shotgun. If you want to stay safety conscious- the gun is always mounted down, toward the floor of the vehicle and unloaded. If you want to go into "theft deterrent" mode, it is pointed upward, loaded and has a BLS255HV on the trigger  ;)
-Ryan

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
I teach at a university so don't have that option.  Which is also why I don't want my stuff in easy view. Sad to say that each school I've attended break ins occur.

www.inner3.com

flyalan

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 08:11:27 AM »
Tarot makes bags for most sizes. 

http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=128&product_id=846

This one at least doesn't use the T word :>)

Alan

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »
There we go! I just didn't want the bloody T word on my bag.  I would buy one that said Goblin first.  Hmmm, maybe I'll get mine custom embroidered with Synergy and then at a fun fly Matt and his wife will finally add bags to the lineup.  Oh yeah, do they usually sell the shirts at funfly events?  I just ordered a towel and would rather buy swag at an event instead of paying shipping. I think the sweatshirt would be 12 or more dollars to ship which is silly. 

www.inner3.com

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 12:06:25 PM »
It's probably safer to go with a 600 size bag though because of the extra size right?
Or would the 550 be big enough? How many centimeters is the E5 with the canopy.  I'll see if the manual has the length in  mm or inches and convert.

Edit

It will just barely be tall enough.  I'll see how big the turnkey bag is from hobby king.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:14:02 PM by inner3 »

www.inner3.com

Offline Yanick Larouche

• Field Representative
E5 case
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
Hi inner3 !

A lot of funny post here!

I think it's a good idea to have carrying case for 550 heli!

Maybe Amy can do something for us!

A beautiful pearl case with a big Synergy logo!!!

I have a dream now!!

Haha

😉

Yan

Team Synergy

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »
That would be great. 
Looks like FBL rotors is taking a break from sales.
Q

www.inner3.com