May 17, 2024, 10:32:50 AM

Author Topic: frame holes for setting bellcranks  (Read 1734 times)

Offline nick.m

frame holes for setting bellcranks
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:16:50 PM »
could some 1 please explain how to use the holes in the frames for setting the bellcranks as it doesnt say in the manual
thx nic

Offline Tommy Wagner

• Field Representative
frame holes for setting bellcranks
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
Pull the balls out that go to the swash. Get a rod that fits through the holes. The rod will go through the bell cranks through the frame and out the other side and through the other bell crank.

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nick.m

Re: frame holes for setting bellcranks
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
Thx i understand now,,ne wi shouldnt of loctited them balls yet lol :)

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »
Nick,

Please understand that Synergy kits are geared toward hobbyists who have a few years of experience under their belt. Some items that seem common sense to the experienced modeler may not seem common sense to someone who has only worked with Align helicopters. There are many features on the N5c which you may find difficult to deal with right now but later on you will understand why I designed it this way and appreciated it for its flexibility.

You will struggle with the engine alignment, fan shroud, belt tension, correct tail rotor blade offset, removing main blade grip bearings, removing tail blade grip bearings, and potentially a few other items. These items can be difficult because they are adjustable for the expert builder or high tolerance such as the main blade and tail blade grip bearings which are very tight tolerance for better flight performance.

My only request is that you ask for help before diving into something that doesn't seem obvious to you. There are many unwritten things in the manual that I did not have time to list nor did I feel needed to be mention as the kit is geared toward an advanced modeler.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline RichL

• Synergy Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »
Matt, I couldn't agree more.  Synergy helicopters offer us maximum flexibility.  I can configure my helicopter for my flying style as you can configure it for yours. This is a quality I and many others appreciate.  I hope Synergy never adopts the "herd mentality" of other manufactures with plastic parts and no skill or understanding of the hobby required.   As far as quality goes I have seen none better.  Synergy parts are beautifully machined and fit together as designed.  This however does not mean that no modeling or building skills are required.  Further, having the appropriate tools and understanding how and when to use them is also a requirement.

While I can understand your point that " Synergy kits are geared toward hobbyists who have a few years of experience under their belt (especially the N5C)," there are plenty of first time helicopter builders in the process of building your latest creation the E5.  I would bet that 99.9% of them not only really enjoyed the build but, are overjoyed with the quality and fitment of the parts (maybe I should start another poll ... LOL).   Those new to building have a ton of questions and concerns but, this is where the Synergy family shines.  There are plenty of helpful and knowledgeable folks right here to assist.  All that is required is a positive attitude, a little patients and willingness to accept help.  This thread was started by someone seeking help but, went about asking the wrong way, with the wrong attitude.  We have all started something in life at skill level zero.  I see no reason that anyone desiring to fly the best can't start with the best.  As you pointed out, diving into some part of a build that you don't understand is usually a bad idea, followed immediately by an even uglier outcome.  Matt, I know your the boss but, IMHO your product is even better than you think it is, anyone intelligent enough to ask questions, accept help and that has the desire to understand this hobby can successfully build a Synergy and join the ranks of those who fly your brand because, we understand the difference!  Respectfully, Rich     
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:00:08 PM by RichL »
Synergy E5: Scorpion HKIII 4025-1100, CC ICE2 120HV, Rail 556/96, V-Bar Silverline

Synergy E7: Quantum 4530-500, CC ICE2 160HV, Rail 716/116, V-Bar Silverline

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »
Thank you very much Rich!

Merry Christmas!

Matt

Offline nick.m

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 01:05:42 AM »
thx guys i have enjoyed the build so far apart from a couple of hickups,,i have my motor mounted although it did take some time to get it where i was happy and it all looked perfectly straight,,only time will tell but once i eventually got the fan shroud on,,tricky little bugger that 1,,the clutch bell looked perfectly level against  the top of it,,yes i did need some heat to get the tail bearings out but had no real problems,greased the thrust bearings and back togeather,,now do the tail blades have to have an exact 5 degree offset and could some 1 explain why,,as ive only built aligns and they all say to set the blades straight and let the gyro do the work
thx and merry christmas

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »
A 5 degree offset is required to mechanically compensate for the torque generated by the rotor head. The model should hover without the tail drifting in normal(non AVCS) mode. This assists the gyro to properly hold the tail in all conditions.

If you are looking for a properly designed helicopter, there are places you should not look to as reference.  8)

Thanks,

Matt