May 05, 2024, 07:34:32 AM

Author Topic: How not to do customer service  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
How not to do customer service
« on: December 31, 2013, 08:32:37 AM »
I sent an ESC out over three months ago for repair.  Two months ago I pinged them to see if I could find out what the status was.  I got a reply stating they hadn't received it back yet and please be patient.  Fast forward to yesterday.  I sent them another email and got basically the same reply:

We have not received our warranties yet. Please be patient as well will contact you upon arrival and diagnosis of the issue\repair\problem you may have had with your item.

Again , thank you for your patients as [company redacted] has recently changed policy and procedures regarding their warranties and may have caused a slight delay.

So I sent this...

I feel I've been pretty patient.  I was originally told it would be about one month.  When I last emailed you, two months ago, you told me they were still testing it and to "please be patient".  This has not really been a "slight delay" if you ask me.  It seems that in this amount of time, someone could have at least gotten me some kind of information on the status of the ESC.

I got this amazing response back.

We appreciate your patients in this matter. We will contact you as soon as we receive our warranties back.

Again thank you for your patients in this matter as [company redacted] has recently over gone some changes in policy and procedure that is out of our control and we are doing our best to continue serving warranties for scorpion.

Please be patient as we will contact you upon arrival of our warranties back here.

Again, thank you for your patients in this matter.

At this point I don't see myself buying another product from these guys, ever.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline dpelletier

Re: How not to do customer service
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 09:35:26 AM »
:(

Inquiring minds need to know...  maybe just a clue
Dany -  Not on any Team  :( maybe some day :)
Synergy E5 CGY-750 (my favorite heli)
Furion 6 Flybarless, Skookum 720
Beam E4(v1) FBL, Skookum 540
Futaba 14sg

Inching my way out of being a newbie...

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 09:37:47 AM »
It's a gold colored ESC.  These responses are from the U.S. distributor's office, not the manufacturer.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline dpelletier

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
Manufacturer was clear was just curious who it was locally.
Thanks
Dany -  Not on any Team  :( maybe some day :)
Synergy E5 CGY-750 (my favorite heli)
Furion 6 Flybarless, Skookum 720
Beam E4(v1) FBL, Skookum 540
Futaba 14sg

Inching my way out of being a newbie...

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Innov8tive.  Don't know why I left all that out in the first place.  I was trying to be nice, I guess, but I've given them multiple chances to at least give me some real information and so far have gotten nowhere.  I just replied one more time and asked them if they had even read my previous emails.  If I get the same exact response back this time I guess I'll have to call them.
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 11:15:59 AM »
Rodney and I had conversed before he posted.  I had the same experience with them on a Scorpion 90A HV about 3 years ago.  Unit went belly up and was under warranty.  Same song and dance.  Took 3 months and a couple of phone calls to get a replacement.

Cheers

Alan

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
I don't think they even make this one, anymore, so a replacement is probably not even possible.

After talking with Alan and Chris, it sounds like dealing directly with Scorpion is probably the the way to go.

Sent from my MotoX via Tapatalk2

Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline chrismechanic

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
that sucks, i think you got the patience of a saint, i would be screaming by 2 weeks later.

i had a castle esc dead on arrival from fastlad, i sent it back and 5 days later i had a brand new working esc..
i have castle esc's on all my r.c products.
chris.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 03:29:34 PM »
I'm still pretty mad but there really isn't a whole lot I can do about it at this point.  I still don't have it back and the last email I sent them, they didn't even answer.

I finally bought a Castle Edge HV 160 so I could get my E7 flying again.  If I ever get the Scorpion back I'll either keep it as a spare or sell it.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
Amazing... I finally got it back.  I am less than impressed with Scorpion's repair service, though.  For having it 5 months, it looks like crap.  They did the very bare minimum that they had to do to fix the issue and that's it.  I am used to electronics manufacturers doing pretty much a refurbishment when they do repair and I'm really disappointed in the condition they left this ESC in.  After this experience, the only Scorpion products I will be buying are their battery straps.
Rodney

Team Synergy