May 03, 2024, 02:23:58 AM

Author Topic: 516 head alignment  (Read 779 times)

Offline anthony

516 head alignment
« on: May 13, 2018, 05:01:31 PM »
i have crashed my 516 twice now , both times not my fault, the esc(tribunus) died both times , but i think i have that under control, while i'm waiting for the esc to come back i have gone over the heli thoroughly and replaced the parts that needed changing, i changed the feathering shaft too even though it didn't appear to be bent as the blades broke and you never know, that's the background here's the query.
all my servos are 90'd the servo to swash are all exactly the same length ,11.5mm , to get zero pitch on the blades in need 25.75 on one linkage and 24.8 on the other, almost 1 mm difference (measured from the base of the ball link , not a big deal , the issue comes with setting pitch , if i leave 100 100 in my radio then i have 13 degrees positive and 13.8 negative , i changed the endpoints in my radio to 100 positive and 94 negative and everything lines up , i have 13 degrees all the way round and 8 degrees elevator and aileron which for me is perfect , question is , should i be worried about the 94% negative end point or forget about it
Anthony
citizen #102

Offline Mark Dean

• Field Representative
Re: 516 head alignment
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 08:23:30 PM »
Anthony,

Sorry to hear about the crashes but thankfully all is well and you are back together. The pitch difference is a normal occurrence and is due to the angle of the pitch link which connects the inner swash to the blade arm grip. Taking the difference out with pitch end points is the best method. Just make sure you maintain zero pitch at mid stick.
Team Synergy Field Representative, Rail Blades, Scorpion Power Systems

Offline anthony

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »
ok thank you
citizen #102

Offline Rob Cherry

• Factory Pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 09:33:43 AM »
Also, if the blades were trashed then chances are the pitch arms are bent as well...this would cause one pitch link to be longer than the other. This will affect the geometry.

Rob
Synergy Factory Pilot