May 15, 2024, 08:22:21 AM

Author Topic: N7 switch mount  (Read 4558 times)

Offline troasb

Re: N7 switch mount
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
I use a Switch Glo in my N7, find it very neat with radio control.
But I se and hear many hardcore 3D fliers use regulators to keep an even powerdistribution reducing power peaks that can damage electronics in the heli.

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
Another option for s remote glow igniter is the Gryphon auto booster light. That's what I use on all nitro birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyalan

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:28 PM »
The safe switch I placed a link to is NOT a regulator. Just a pass through fail safe switch.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Ben Kerr

• Field Representative
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 11:45:13 PM »
I must really be old school, I use a straight 2s lipo with deans connectors and a hot shot glow igniter.  :o
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Scorpion Power Systems/Thunder Power

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »
Straight 2s lipo as well... But do like the remote glow igniter.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 06:45:23 AM »
I would have done the same had the RX pack been mounted in a spot I could get to without taking off the canopy... That was what I was excited about being a nitro.. Not having to take it on & off... So Futaba power switch & a PushGlo was my answer.. And the small hole in the canopy. I am curious tho, my telemetry will read off various voltage figures during flight as I work the collective... With a regulator.. Would it stay constant?
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

Offline troasb

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 01:51:21 PM »
I would have done the same had the RX pack been mounted in a spot I could get to without taking off the canopy... That was what I was excited about being a nitro.. Not having to take it on & off... So Futaba power switch & a PushGlo was my answer.. And the small hole in the canopy. I am curious tho, my telemetry will read off various voltage figures during flight as I work the collective... With a regulator.. Would it stay constant?

With a regulator you voltage would be much more constant. Many hardcore 3D pilots find it necessary to use regulators. If you have servos that draw much current and have heavy power peaks it is very much recommended.

Offline Ben Kerr

• Field Representative
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 03:39:41 PM »
Honestly there is no reason to run a regulator if everything in your system is high voltage. For me its all about keeping it simple. Less parts equal less failures. I'm even moving away from a BEC on my electrics because its just another part to fail.
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Scorpion Power Systems/Thunder Power

Offline troasb

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
Honestly there is no reason to run a regulator if everything in your system is high voltage. For me its all about keeping it simple. Less parts equal less failures. I'm even moving away from a BEC on my electrics because its just another part to fail.

There is a reason why regulators are still sold and widely used in both big model aircrafts and helis. Then I mean apart from regulating down voltage from LiPo's to non HV equipment. I have a friend who is a hardcore 3D pilot and he was wondering why he often regularly ruined servos and electronics even though everything was HV. He was recommended to use a regulator, and his troubles went away.