May 05, 2024, 04:49:53 PM

Author Topic: Flight Pack or BEC  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Al Tulone

• Field Representative
Flight Pack or BEC
« on: October 09, 2013, 04:30:15 PM »
I usually run flight packs on all my 700 size machines. Where are you guys mounting your flight packs on the E7se or are you using an external BEC.
Team Synergy
Thunder Power
MKS Servos
Vteam

Offline Chris Wall

• Field Representative
    • WallsWorld
Re: Flight Pack or BEC
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
So far I have put mine (Pulse Ultra 3600 2S) on top of the main pack up front.  I have also seen pictures of a small GensAce underneath between the support beams, and on the side up front with velcro and a strap.
Synergy Field Representative / Team Scorpion / Team FBL Rotors
www.fortbendhelis.com

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »
I was using a flight pack. I had it mounted to the side of the frame near the tail boom.  I didn't really care for that and I recently installed a Gryphon Quasar BEC.  I'm really liking not having to keep track of a second set of batteries and whether I've charged them or how many flights I have on them.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Jean-Luc Bolduc

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:06:26 PM »
Running a small 1300 rx pack strapped to the back tray. Good for 3-4 flights on bls servos. Real easy to swap them.
Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »
I use the Internal BEC on the Jeti Mezon in combination with a Scorpion BUG.
I have run a 2S lipos and found that to help with the CG it was best to strap them to the side at the front of the right frame using velcro and a scorpion strap.

Cheers
Alan

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:27:02 PM »
I am running a WR Hercules  BEC.  I mounted it under the ESC tray. Works great. I used a BEC to save weight.

E7 with 5300 MHA packs, CC 160 and scorpion 4525 520 motor and 716 rails. I am at 11.5 lbs.

I have some other weight saving stuff in the works. My target is 11 lbs with the 5300 batteries.
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 10:58:36 PM »
BEC are great unless you have a rare esc failure then a receiver pack is what you probably wished you had.  If you can't run 2s lipo straight then a Life pack would be the answer.  Redundancy is good.

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 04:36:30 AM »
While most people would probably see it as over kill and another point of failure I am double redundant. I have a receiver pack that feeds into a BEC which is NOT connected to the main flight pack. I have it set at 6.0 volts running to HV servos. This way I still have regulation while not stressing the BEC or servos. Makes me feel more comfortable.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

flyalan

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 11:19:40 AM »
I like a BEC.  The BUG gives me the redundancy.  I have done it both ways.  Different strokes for different folks.
That is what I like about this hobby.  Nothing is set in stone ;D

Cheers
Alan