May 05, 2024, 07:37:35 PM

Author Topic: Battery mounting difficult?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Adam.Melton15

Battery mounting difficult?
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »
If you aren't using stick packs and are finding it hard to removing and replacing packs?
well there is a simple solution to make battery mounts.

Firstly buy some G10 cut the the width and length. Remove the bottom plate and remove the round headed screws that hold the bottom plate to the metal bracket and replace with socket head screws. This is so that the tray can slide in and slot into place. Then lay the tray on top of the bottom plate and mark out where you are going to drill the holes. Once the holes are drilled you lay the g10 plate onto of the bottom plate and draw around the end shape then cut it out carefully with a circular saw. Once you have placed the packs on the g10 plate using velcro you can then slide in the plate carefully feeding the battery wires through. To then keep the plate in place you use longer straps you can then wrap the strap around the underside of the heli and around the battery, this makes the packs stay in place firmly and they will not budge. This makes batteries a lot easier to install so I hope you guys find this useful.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:33:51 AM by Adam.Melton15 »

Offline steffgiguere

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Battery mounting difficult?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »
Funny I did the same thing and I also added a small line on the frame and the battery pack to align to make sure the CG is perfect every time.
Team Synergy, Canada

Offline Branden Wheaton

• Field Representative
Battery mounting difficult?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »
Nice job looks great.
Team Synergy

Offline GAR

Re: Battery mounting difficult?
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:22:56 AM »
Good idea using the screw heads as a locater.