May 15, 2024, 10:51:24 PM

Author Topic: Dry Fluid Extreme?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline troasb

Dry Fluid Extreme?
« on: August 20, 2015, 06:20:35 AM »
I hear good things about this stuff, both for gears and sliding metal parts. Is what I am hearing true so that I should start using it or is it not necessary on my Synergy helicopters?

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Dry Fluid Extreme?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »
I don't use any lubricant on the gears, since they're Delrin.  I have been using the dry fluid extreme on the tail pitch slider, though, and liking it.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Cliff Chmiel

• Synergy Veteran
  • Cliff
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 10:13:43 AM »
I use a dry Teflon spray for that slider and key mounts, also on the tail pitch rod, it leaves dry no oily film does not attract dirt :)
Cliff

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »
I use dryfluid gear lube on mine. It's not a requirement with delrin, but I like it. It seems to last pretty well and not collect dirt, and it's definitely not messy like grease. I have dryfluid heli too, but that stuff just doesn't float my boat. I stick with tri-flow light oil on shafts and Boto-lube in thrust bearings.

Offline troasb

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
Well, now that I finally crashed my E5 after 231 flights, I will try to use DryFluid gear lube, DryFluid heli and Boto-Lube on thrust bearings.

Offline cml001

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 11:15:20 PM »
I don't use any lub on the gears.. Never have. On the tail shaft/slider & the main shaft I use regular bearing oil. I can't say it doesn't attract dirt.. But I don't think it's excessive. Plus, I pretty much cleanup birds after every outting or two as well as apply oil when I get to the field. One thing I have found that I love is that the N5C, it needs nothing in the way of lube. Boto Lube on the thrust, yes.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:03:40 PM by cml001 »
Clay
I can fly helicopters... Upside down!

flyalan

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 03:04:27 PM »
I have been using Dry Fluid for quite some time.  Even though the delrin gears should not need lube I use it.  Haven't had any problems with causing dirt accumulation.  Also work well on the tail output shaft.  I also have used the thicker version on the thrust bearings for the tail grips.

Cheers

Alan

Offline troasb

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 04:51:27 PM »
I use dryfluid gear lube on mine. It's not a requirement with delrin, but I like it. It seems to last pretty well and not collect dirt, and it's definitely not messy like grease. I have dryfluid heli too, but that stuff just doesn't float my boat. I stick with tri-flow light oil on shafts and Boto-lube in thrust bearings.

Hi Danny!

How long does one treatment of the gears last?

Trond
Norway

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 09:38:03 AM »
I'll fly all season on one, maybe two applications. And I fly a lot.

Offline troasb

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 06:52:38 PM »
I'll fly all season on one, maybe two applications. And I fly a lot.

Thank you for your reply Danny. Can you see on the gears when it is time to relubricate?

Trond
Norway

Offline Danny Dugger

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:34 PM »
It stays visible. It really hangs in there well -
Here's my E7SE tail which has been going strong all season and my N7 tail which was just recently built. There's not a lot of difference.

Offline troasb

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 12:48:49 AM »
Hi Danny!

Thank you, very usefull. Impressive to see that it stays on the gears for so long.
Trond

Norway