May 04, 2024, 02:39:21 AM

Author Topic: Which FBL controller  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Which FBL controller
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »
What settings are you going to have on your E5 with the ar7200bx? I've used this on my 450 but not sure what settings to use with the bigger servos etc

It's dependent on exactly which servos you're using.  If you go to this site:  http://beastx.com/service_servoliste.html  and set the software version to 3.x.x and language to English, it's a huge list of servos and what frequency they run at.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Ktsn

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
I'm Beastx user since it went to market. I also have an AR7200BX to simplify wiring but it is the same FBL unit inside. No issue, rock solid.
What settings are you going to have on your E5 with the ar7200bx? I've used this on my 450 but not sure what settings to use with the bigger servos etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This controler is on my Logo600 ttoday. But with a Spektrum DSMX sat it fly well. Can you give precision regarding your fear with setup ?

Offline GimpyGolden

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 09:40:39 PM »
As all my other machines I'll be running V-Bar.
If you are intimidated by FBL setup a VB on Express software is as easy as it gets to setup.
You then have the option to upgrade to Pro SW for more tuning options.

It does fly very well on Express. Just setup a Logo 600 for a buddy and it flies perfect, maybe even better than my Pro setup.
Sometime simple is best.
RCHeliCanada.com Field Rep

Offline Rob Cherry

• Factory Pilot
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »
For me, vbar on all machines. It has the lowest latency, it reacts instantly to even the quickest flick of the cyclic. That combined with 8ms latency of my 8FG and it feels so connected.  For my flying style, the vbar provides the most punctual settings and never overshoots or wobbles funny after rapid direction changes or reversals (piro or cyclic) of any magnitude.

Much of this can only be noticed with really high spec servos, 0.05 with 300oz torque or better.  :)

Love it!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 02:00:23 PM by Rob Cherry »
Synergy Factory Pilot

Offline Kevin Dalrymple

• Field Representative
Which FBL controller
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 04:40:32 PM »
Low latency of the Vbar. Love that feeling. I am waiting on the Futaba update. I like the futaba on the nitro better as the  governor works better. I also feel the Vbar has a slight wag in the tail. Nothing bad just not Rick solid like the 750.   
Synergy Field Rep
Rail Blades Field Rep

Offline NKY Heli Guy

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »

It's dependent on exactly which servos you're using.  If you go to this site:  http://beastx.com/service_servoliste.html  and set the software version to 3.x.x and language to English, it's a huge list of servos and what frequency they run at.

Awesome thank you so much for the link... that makes it easy :)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:53 PM »
Awesome thank you so much for the link... that makes it easy :)

You bet!
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 11:38:03 PM »
I think I will go with v bar because it would be great to have some advice from people using the same controller and helicopter.  I don't know if anyone locally has v bar, but again I'm not far from Atlanta and I'm sure there are a ton of people I can find using that.  Pretty sure I'm set on V bar now (full size right?), now just have to make a final decision on the Futaba or Torq servos. 
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline John

• Field Representative
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »
I fly both beast and vbar on my machines.  For my E5 though I plan to try a HC unit with the rescue feature.  Want a heli I can beat the snot out of and bail out if needed.

Offline Ktsn

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »
I fly both beast and vbar on my machines.  For my E5 though I plan to try a HC unit with the rescue feature.  Want a heli I can beat the snot out of and bail out if needed.
Brain/Ikon do rescue !

flyalan

Which FBL controller
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
The HC3-SX and Extreme have both done well for me. I would not hesitate using them. I think they are actually a well kept secret.  I am using an Extreme on the forthcoming E5.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk