Synergy Electric Helicopters > Synergy 516

High pitch noise

(1/2) > >>

jweber:
I have about 10 flights on my 516 and I have a high pitch noise when I'm flying it.   I've checked motor bearings, pinion mesh, and lubricated the washer between the bearing and the bottom of the main gear per suggestions from members of the Heli Hangout.  It's still there.   I also felt the various bearings in the tail to see if any were hot.  None seemed to be.

Any ideas or places I should be looking?   Thanks

AndyO:
Does the noise fade away when the head ramps down, or does it disappear suddenly when you hit throttle hold?  Does it change pitch at all during flight?

How about your gear train, what motor, ESC, pinion and headspeed are you running?

Has the noise only started appearing now, or like it from the first flight?

Andy

alan:
Also check the belt tensioner and pulleys.

Cheers
Alan

jweber:

--- Quote from: AndyO on July 08, 2019, 04:26:00 PM ---Does the noise fade away when the head ramps down, or does it disappear suddenly when you hit throttle hold?  Does it change pitch at all during flight?

--- End quote ---
It does change with the head speed.   I don't think it stopped when I hit throttle hold, but I can't say for sure.  I'll have to listen next time.

--- Quote from: AndyO on July 08, 2019, 04:26:00 PM ---How about your gear train, what motor, ESC, pinion and headspeed are you running?

--- End quote ---
Xnova 4020-1350, Scorpion Tribunus 6S-120, stock 18T pinion, 2400 & 2600

--- Quote from: AndyO on July 08, 2019, 04:26:00 PM ---Has the noise only started appearing now, or like it from the first flight?

--- End quote ---
I bought it used.  The noise has been there since day 1 for me.  I did tear it down and check all the bearings.  I guess I missed something though.

I'll also take a look at the belt tensioner.   I'm not sure how closely I looked at that at the tear down.

alan:
Check all the bearings on the tensioner assembly. 

Cheers
Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version