Synergy Electric Helicopters > Synergy 516

Help a new guy out with CGY programming?

(1/3) > >>

M.Schmavs:
So, this is my first flybarless experience and I'm running into an issue with programming. I don't know exactly how much NOT to program in the TX and leave to the flybarless controller. It's a new CGY760R - I can't find much info on it like the 750 so I assume it's pretty new to the market.

Anyway, I programmed my entire setup in the CGY and found that my collective and cyclic curves are "uneven" so-to-speak. No trim, no sub trim, no pitch curves, etc., etc. are set in the transmitter. Literally everything is in the CGY.

I think my problem is if I get 20 degrees positive collective, I'm seeing 15 degrees negative. If I get 10 degrees cyclic right, I get 8 degrees cyclic left, etc..

The only thing I'm confident with is the mechanical setup. Pitch links, servo links/geometry, swash level, etc., everything is good there. I have experience with flybared models and had no issues setting those up.

SO, is this something I should and can correct in the transmitter without interfering with the CGY settings?
OR should I not worry about it because I'm just overthinking?

alan:
Which helicopter? Are the swash links setup exactly the length in the manual? Horns are at exactly 90 degrees to the links?
Are you checking cyclic throw in the swash setup menu. That’s the only place you would be able to do this accurately.
Sorry if these seem like rhetorical questions but they must be asked.

Just finished my 696 setup on the CGY and pitch throws were within 2 tenths. Cyclic throws as well.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alan:
And do turn that collective down to 12 degrees and see what the numbers look like. At 20 you are at the end of the throw and those could very well be off a bit.
Alan

M.Schmavs:
Model is the 516. No worries about the questions, I would ask the same!

To answer, yes, I measured each link with calipers to dead accuracy before installation. Very tedious.
Horns are 90 with some help with sub-trim a.k.a.: "neutral" in the CGY
Swash plate is level
With that said, during setup, while measuring and leveling, I did make some minor adjustments so they are not at those exact points anymore.

I'm checking cyclic throw with a digital pitch gauge. Didn't know checking in the setup menu was an option... Can you elaborate on that?

Also, I agree turning down the collective pitch is a must. I was holding off until I figured out why there was a difference... kind of assumed the difference would remain no matter where the stick was.

Taking your advice, I'm going to focus more on the mechanical side even though I was confident I had that part nailed down. My radio had a calibration issue during setup so even more adjustments were made after that was resolved.

Starting over (just to be sure) might be my best bet. I'll report back with the results.

Thank You!

alan:
While in the SWH basic menu (3rd screen) you want to check pitch and cyclic rates. Most importantly cyclic rate. You won’t get accurate cyclic rate measurements unless you are in this menu. Of course this is the menu where you adjust the rates.
Just fired up sitting on the bench you would likely not see cyclic rates left and right be the same and the measurements don’t mean much as the gyro will be active.
Cheers
Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version