May 15, 2024, 12:20:37 PM

Author Topic: Gryphon auto booster lite  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Dave50w

Gryphon auto booster lite
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:57:25 AM »
Hey guys I'm fitting the above booster to my new N5C I've only ever used the align 3 in 1 but it's so old and just wouldn't be right putting it on the new bird so I have a few Q's for this little beast

I'm running straight 2s lipo with Futaba 14sg full size silver vbar pro

Where do you plug the booster in vbar or Rx which port?

What setting should I use for the voltage plug thingo it says it runs 8.4 but only has 7.4 on it

Can you give me a bit of a run down on how it's best used the manual is just so hard to understand and has nothing about how to use or program it thanks guys

Offline Dave50w

Re: Gryphon auto booster lite
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »
Does anyone use one of these  :)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:30:01 PM »
Nope, but if I get a chance, I'll take a look at the manual and see if I can be any help unless someone else chimes in.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:42:06 PM »
Okay, I would just leave the jumper set for 4.8V, to start.  That's the voltage that it's sending to your glow plug.  They recommend not going over 6V, so I'm not sure why they include even higher voltages.

You'll plug it into your receiver.  Are you using Spektrum, Futaba, or something else?  Basically, you want to plug it into an unused channel.  The radio system you're using will determine what channel to plug it into and what switch it will be.  For Futaba, you can plug it into any of the unused channels and just assign that channel to whatever switch you want.  For Spektrum, you'll need to plug it into an unused channel and then use the switch that corresponds to that channel.  Hope this at least gets you started.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Dave50w

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 11:21:38 PM »
I'm using a Futaba and vbar so ill plug into Rx and assign a channel and wow I thought glow pugs are 1.5 volts sounds like it's going to work really wel once it's set up