Synergy Electric Helicopters > Synergy E5

Tools and supplies for Synergy "E" Build

<< < (14/14)

Hendo67:
Instead of tubing cut some sections of fuel tank isolator. It fits good and it's black. You can also shape it if you heat it a little.

copenhagen:

--- Quote from: RichL on December 17, 2012, 03:51:52 AM ---
Bullet connectors motor to ESC (I use Scorpion 6.5mm. Note: The Scorpion HKIII 4025 1100KV motor has factory installed "banana" type connectors on the power wires, it is highly recommended that they be replaced with a connector with more contact surface area. ) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXTJJ0&P=8

Rich

--- End quote ---

Rich-,

I just got my Scorp yesterday.  I bought some of the Castle Connectors per your above recommendation, however, I am having second thoughts as to rather it will really be necessary to change the "banana" type connectors out.  Can you please expound upon this subject?  I'd like to get any input from others too as this is my 1st "real" RC heli build.  Thanks!

-Seth

copenhagen:

--- Quote from: copenhagen on September 04, 2013, 08:39:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: RichL on December 17, 2012, 03:51:52 AM ---
Bullet connectors motor to ESC (I use Scorpion 6.5mm. Note: The Scorpion HKIII 4025 1100KV motor has factory installed "banana" type connectors on the power wires, it is highly recommended that they be replaced with a connector with more contact surface area. ) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXTJJ0&P=8

Rich

--- End quote ---

Rich-,

I just got my Scorp yesterday.  I bought some of the Castle Connectors per your above recommendation, however, I am having second thoughts as to rather it will really be necessary to change the "banana" type connectors out.  Can you please expound upon this subject?  I'd like to get any input from others too as this is my 1st "real" RC heli build.  Thanks!

-Seth

--- End quote ---

I ended up using the connectors your recommended because the C/C ESC wires would not come close to fitting into the Scorpion supplied bullets.

Oh, does anybody have a picture of what the finished sanding/sealing should look like on the frame?  My E5 kit is coming tomorrow, and I want to know exactly what I am going to be shooting for.  Thanks!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version