May 05, 2024, 08:09:19 PM

Author Topic: Swash play  (Read 1649 times)

Offline richardmid1

Swash play
« on: January 26, 2014, 10:52:25 AM »
I have only roughly 8 flights on my N7 and the swash center has play on the inner race, this wasn't there at first. The bearing itself also has slight play. My old N5 with many many flights has no such play! I could try pressing the inner swash together so it tightens up on the bearing or center pop around the bottom so its a tighter fit against the bearing?  :-\

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
Re: Swash play
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:12:09 PM »
I would recommend tightening the m3 bolt and the pin on the swash itself.  I had the same problem and that fixed it for me.

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
+1 Chapa

I designed the pinch mechanism on the swash plate as an adjustment point to remove inner bearing race slop. You can really torque down on this bolt to get the slop out.

Thanks,

Matt

Offline richardmid1

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 06:05:25 AM »
No this is not bearing play, the inner swash can slide in and out of the bearing by 0.3-0.4mm at a guess which doesn't sound alot but it was enough to make the pitch feel jumpy and less precise.

I seem to have fixed it by pressing a socket of the correct diameter on the inside of the swash to squeeze the sides against the bearing.

Offline gr8crash

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:02:50 AM »
I have the same issue. Please show a detailed picture of your repair process.

Offline Jon Mills

• Field Representative
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
Yes I had the exact same issues exactly, it may seem like tightening these fasteners will not solve the problem..... But I urge you to give it a try because it will remove all swash play fore aft up down just give it a shot!!  Hope this helps. Tighten the m3x12mm bolt and the M3x4mm set screw before you do anything else.

Offline Matt Botos

• Synergy Hero
    • Matt Botos
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 11:12:29 AM »
Richardmid1,

If you are still having troubles please send the swash plate back to me and I will make sure it gets fixed. Send me an email at matt at mattbotos.com

Thanks,

Matt