May 08, 2024, 12:59:56 PM

Author Topic: Transmitter curves  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
Transmitter curves
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:53 PM »
Now that I have my bar programmed I can change the throttle curves and pitch curves for normal mode right?  Some don't do this, but I'll keep 0 pitch at mid stick in idle up but change normal mode to have -3 at low stick me around 3 at mid stick.  I don't fly much in normal, just take off and one.  Just making sure its kosher before I try flying this week.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline curmudgeon

• Synergy Veteran
Re: Transmitter curves
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 04:43:35 AM »
I understand that some helicopter manuals state to use pitch curves of around -3°/+5°/+12° for normal flight mode and around -12°/0°/+12° for IDLE UP's and TH.  I understand the reasoning of limiting the negative collective in the normal pitch curve for pilots learning the basic upright flight maneuvers, but I still don't understand why one would want anything other than 0° pitch at mid-stick on any of the pitch curves, regardless of pilot level of skill.  I understand that one may want to limit the extremes of pitch using either Dual Rates or the actual pitch curves to around -10°/0°/+10° in some of the flight modes, but is there a reason to ever have anything other than 0° pitch at mid-stick on any flight mode?

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Transmitter curves
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 05:24:21 AM »
You actually pretty much nailed it in your response already. A new learning pilot has a tendency to chop the throttle if they get nervous or feel out of control. A positive at mid stick will severely slow the decent and the small amount negative at low stick is just enough to bring the heli down. In other words, it won't come like a rocket back to earth if you chop the stick.

I personally am of the school of thought that you set your pitch how you will fly so for me that's -11, 0, +11 as it's how I learned on my very first heli and allowed me to work on collective skills from the get go but others do learn differently.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
Re: Transmitter curves
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
Yeah I fly in IU the entire time, but started off flying the normal throttle curve and still like having that safety net, especially for a new helicopter.  I didn't finally try out IU until after a full year and 3 months of working on orientation and basics.  Then I started over at basics in IU last spring.  Then development went a little faster and I'm working on more and more stuff each month.  I started with +-10 and then 11 and now 12.  But until I get used to this helicopter I might lower that a little, though The Heli is capable of more.  I just want to really get a feel for the Heli AND the size which will be new for me. 
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com