May 03, 2024, 12:31:22 AM

Author Topic: Central Alabama Helicopter Fun Fly - Birmingham, AL (The Ditch :) )  (Read 11826 times)

Offline rcnut

Re: Central Alabama Helicopter Fun Fly - Birmingham, AL (The Ditch :) )
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 08:14:25 AM »
Ah man! Now I'm getting hugry...is it March yet! ;D :P ;D Food...BBQ...KFC??? Just had to try this!
I love the smell of Nitro in the morning!

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 12:10:16 PM »
Hopefully the rain stays away that weekend.  Seems like the next 7 days are filled with rain chances for this week.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »
ProgressiveRC will also be donating some great things to our raffle!!!!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline Matt Kellogg

• Field Representative
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
Countdown to bham has started!  First timer for me. So looking forward to this trip.
Matt "Krispies" Kellogg
Team Synergy / Team Xpert Servos

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:20 AM »
our friend Alan Butler with HeliLids will be donating to our raffle too!!!! Thanks Alan!!!
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

flyalan

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 08:41:37 PM »
Yes I will be kicking in some Synergy, goblin and thunder tiger canopies.
Glad to help Mike.

Alan

Offline Richard Rollins

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 08:43:06 PM »
Would be nice to go to BHAM , but I will be on the west coast during that time.

Rick
Team Synergy Team Rails, Team Scorpion

Offline rcnut

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 07:24:36 AM »
After a hecktic week of breaking stuff!...the helis I was planning to bring... My Rave is ready to fly once again...my Goblin gasser is fixed and ready to go (after a bone-head botched auto), and the N7 is nearing a possible, successful flight before making the trip to B-Ham! Now...just one quick test flight! ::)

Offline Mike Spano

• Synergy Hero
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »
looks like rain wed night and thursday morning, then good after that.

ray, if you want, just bring the N7 and we will look at that fan hub a little closer at the field, or my house.
Team Synergy
Rail Blades
TRM Power
Team Byron Fuels
MKS Servos

Offline rcnut

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2015, 11:44:44 PM »
Oh yea, what a blast! For such a slow and small start, this has been a very exciting day! I met a lot of new people, some from these heli forums…and IRCHA…and some old friends! (Raja & Larry)

Met Mat & Amy Botos, super great people, very friendly and willing to heli or chat. I talked with Bert Kamerer in length, that was a treat. And the list goes on! I'm having a hard time remembering everyone names! It like IRCHA overload!!!

The rain showed up and drizzled, then rained, then drizzled some more, and then finally went away! There was one pilot that was hit by his own heli! It wasn't pretty, he went to the hospital and into surgery. He will be ok, but it will take some time for him to heal.

Then I asked for some help with my Synergy from one person, and what I got was 10 people helping…including Raja! Larry supervised! LoL! Ya just got to love that guy! We/they managed to solve 2 out of 3 issues I was having and tomorrow, we shall fix the last issue…the O.S.105 carb/regulator.

The Southern hospitality is unbelievable here. People are truly friendly and will go out of their way to help if they can, all you have to do is ask. And the food is excellent! The owner (Cash) of "Jubilee Joe's" (a seafood restaurant) talked to us for a good 2 hours, even after they were closed! He didn't kick us out, but continued to talk with us! Then he told us of some other restaurants to try while we are here. Next up…BBQ!!!

So far, its been a super great first time experience. I can't wait to come back!

Oh yea…Bobby Watts and Nick Maxwell is here!

More to come!

flyalan

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 06:19:09 AM »
I had a great time. The weather didn't dampen things on Saturday at least. Of course many of us camper folks bugged out before the Saturday evening rain set in.
It was good seeing everyone!

Cheers
Alan

Offline rcnut

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 06:21:22 AM »
Yet another great day of flying! The day was mainly overcast with some light sprinkles here and there. Temps were cooler than yesterday (60's). There wasn't too much happening early in the morning, but the flight line became very active around lunch.

Matt, Nick, Bobby, and Bert were putting on shows (showing off their skills) most of the afternoon to early evening…and what a show! Bert was down in the ditch tempting fate and survived…as if he would "feed" the ditch. The ditch would have literally grab him! LoL!

Larry & Raja were busy on the far right side having fun. Me, I continued working on my carb issue and managed to get just one flight in before the carb went lean. Now that the twitching (uncommanded aileron roll attempt) stopped…due to the factory tape on a nitro or gas heli, my Synergy is flying silky smooth. Now to fix the carburetor problem!

My buddy Mike (aka Gasser Mike) was having fun teasing the ditch until he dipped his tail into the water and stripped a crown gear in the front transmission. Well needless to say, that ended that flight! Mikes friend Victor, had a mishap with his Mostro electric while doing piro flips on the deck and dumb-thumbed it into the ground. Amazingly, the Mostro survived the crash quit well! I was impressed!

I did a little shopping while everyone was busy flying, and found some great deals. The prize table had many great stuff for everyone. Everyone walked away with something or two of somethings. The pilot that was hit by his own heli showed up and was welcomed by everyone there and wished him well. He had plenty of attention and most everyone was more than willing to help.

Several people there offered up their attendance prize to him. That was awesome! This fun fly showed me how the people at the fun fly are truly caring! This is true Southern hospitality! I have never felt this level of acceptance and welcome as here in Alabama. I will be coming back!

Later, Raja, Larry, and myself ventured out for dinner. Our mission was to sample the true Southern style of food. We were directed to a place called Dreamland. Famous for their BBQ ribs. Well that was a disappointment. Our ribs were tough and stuck to the bones. There was a fair amount of fat and gristle on those ribs.

For breakfast, I finally tried some true Southern grits! Yum, corn grits! They were fantastic…providing you like grits.

The weather for tomorrow (Sunday) is rain all day. So we (Raja, Larry, and myself) decided if it is raining in the morning when we get up, we are making the trip home…a day early. And I'm ok with that as I'm totally tired. So I think I'll end this as I'm having a hart time keeping my eye's open and trying to make sense of what I'm typing! LoL!

;D

Time to go home!

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Central Alabama Helicopter Fun Fly - Birmingham, AL (The Ditch :) )
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2015, 06:56:25 AM »
Wish I could have made this fun fly this year. Great people and place. Shooting for next year as I love it as much as IRCHA just in its own way.

Thanks for the details in your post by the way, makes me feel like I was there.
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Greg Jackson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
    • inner3.com
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »
Wish you were there Brandon.
Synergy & Rail Field Representative
Team Scorpion||Team BK Servos||Team Pulse|

www.inner3.com

Offline Matt Kellogg

• Field Representative
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2015, 03:42:31 PM »
It was a great event!  I was also very happy to meet many of you.  Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Very proud and honored to be a part of this awesome team! 
Matt "Krispies" Kellogg
Team Synergy / Team Xpert Servos