May 09, 2024, 07:26:18 PM

Author Topic: Battery tray  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Mahfu

Battery tray
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »
I'm about to place an order for a 766 and I was looking at what extras to get with my order.  Normally I like to get battery trays for each of my packs.  It looks like each of my flight packs would need bot the CF Battery Tray and the Battery Tray Lock assembly.  Is that right? That can start to get pricey quickly seeing that I would $63 for each flight pack.  It is possible that I could use 5 flight packs with this heli.  Is there a good solution that would cut down on the cost?  Is everyone just biting the bullet and getting the tray and lock for each flight pack?

Offline Wayne Derrick

Re: Battery tray
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 04:45:46 PM »
Good Afternoon Mahfu,

You are correct!  You will need the CF Battery Tray (766-126) and the Battery Tray Lock Assembly (200-420).  Someone who has actually ordered the Battery Tray Lock Assembly will have to chime in and let us know if the Battery Tray Lock Handle (766-127) comes with the assembly (I'm guessing it does and has its own part number for those that loose the lock handle in flight).  I am about to start the build myself and decided I will not be using more than two 12S packs as I can charge at the field in approx. 30 minutes or less.  I am going to purchase another battery tray and lock handle just for the convenience alone.  Expensive?  Yes!  But it is worth the convenience to me.

V/R,

Wayne Derrick
Wayne Derrick

Offline J Anthony

Re: Battery tray
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 09:30:19 PM »
I also ordered both pieces so I could swap out the packs. I only purchased 2 Pulse 12S stick packs for my 766. That being said, I also purchased the parts to make 2 battery trays for my Rave 635 and there's less to them than the 766 trays but they actually cost me more money so it made me feel a little better about the 766 trays.