May 09, 2024, 07:53:39 PM

Author Topic: Boom and TT fit  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Thunder Fighter

Boom and TT fit
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »
Hi guys,

Has anyone else had trouble getting the TT into the boom on their 766. I will admit I haven't had many TT Helis but I've never had an issue getting my E5s TT in, but the 766 is so tight I struggle to get the first bearing in and then the second on locks it up tight so I can move it any further in. I managed to get it back out after some persuasion but it just seems way tighter than my previous TT setups.

I am using rubber safe silicon spray and also triflow grease on the orings, not sure what else to do but I am almost to the point where I am worried I will damage it if I push any harder.

Any suggestions.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline FlamingHomer

Re: Boom and TT fit
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »
Hi Dennis,

I didnt have that issues with the 766. I spray a little bit if silicone in the boom and on the bearing grommets and have no problem with this method. How many bearings u get in the boom?

Greets from switzerland

Offline Thunder Fighter

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »
I've pulled it apart again now, I managed to get one in but after the second it became impossible to insert it further.

I might try heating the boom a bit to see if it expands and makes the fit a little easier. I may have to order up a new boom and TT to see if the one I have is a little out of spec or what is causing the issue.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline Dan Minick

• Field Representative
  • Team FBL Rotors---Formerly Dyecocker1
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 10:13:17 PM »
I use denaured alcohol to fit my tt in boom. Spray a bunch in the boom, roll it around and quick slip the tt in. Dries in seconds.
Do the o-rings seem to fit in the plastic alright?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:17:23 PM by Dan Minick »
Dan Minick

Offline Thunder Fighter

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 10:44:08 PM »
I use denaured alcohol to fit my tt in boom. Spray a bunch in the boom, roll it around and quick slip the tt in. Dries in seconds.
Do the o-rings seem to fit in the plastic alright?

Yes I've pulled the o-rings off to see and they look ok and smooth where they fit. I'm at a stop now as I can see the two o-rings that I managed to inset have been damaged so I will need to replace them before I can go on. Going to the hardware shop to see if I can find any as there are no parts for the 766 in Australia yet.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline Thunder Fighter

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 05:00:55 AM »
Lucked it in with some o-rings that were just slightly smaller diameter and they fit perfectly in the boom, as I would have thought it should have been in the first place. So I can keep building now, hoping for a maiden tomorrow if my luck holds out.

//Dennis.
Team ARKRC

Offline Thunder Fighter

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 05:24:33 AM »
No issues with the boom after the Maiden, not sure what the issue causing it to be so tight was but it worked out in the end.

//Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Team ARKRC

Offline Dan Minick

• Field Representative
  • Team FBL Rotors---Formerly Dyecocker1
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 09:17:19 AM »
Good to hear, happy flying

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Dan Minick