Synergy Nitro Helicopters > Synergy N556

Build issues

(1/1)

mrtnnicholas:
Hi all. I have just completed 2 builds. Both went great except on both kits I had to enlarge the mounting holes for the tail transmission to the aft to relieve tension off of the tail drive gear. The gear mesh was extremely tight and the holes were approximately 1mm off. One kit was delivered with a 530mm tail rotor control rod which would not work with enough thread engagement in to the rod end with bellcranks at 90 degrees. New rod on order. 1st kit flying like a beast! Has anyone else encountered this during their builds?

Matt Botos:
The mushroom bevel gear was likely not seated all the way. This is very easy to fix by placing in the freezer for 10 minutes and then pushing gear into the bearings. By enlarging the tail box plate mount holes you may have inadvertently created a problem with the mesh. The bevel gear will likely seat further while flying and cause the mesh to now be too loose.

I know it’s a little late now that you’ve already opened the holes but please do not modify mount holes. There is almost always an explanation and easy fix.

If I am misunderstanding what you’ve modified, please send pics.

If you’ve modified the front transmission holes in the carbon fiber frames ..... these holes are sometimes filled with a little cf dust and need to be cleaned out.

Thanks,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version