May 11, 2024, 12:16:26 AM

Author Topic: Tail pitch slider and rotor hub installation p22  (Read 1403 times)

Offline AliHumphrey

Tail pitch slider and rotor hub installation p22
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:02:20 AM »
One of my links is a bit tight on the pitch slider (where the pin connects it). It says in the manual to size the links for free tail slider operation. Is this referring to the ball link or the pin end? This is my first build and would be grateful of some help.

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:33:51 AM »
This would be referring to the ball end. The end with the pin should feel tight due to tolerances and will loosen themselves up with normal use. I found that I did not have to size those particular ball links. Be sure that you're putting them onto the balls the right way. If you look closely there is a larger diameter hole side which is what should be pressed onto the ball. The other side is the smaller side like a normal link and should be facing out.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

flyalan

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:56:08 AM »
For smooth tail operation sizing the ball links on the pitch slider is recommended. I have seen more than one tail issue (usually wag) that was solved by sizing all of the links in the tail. Both the pushrods ends and pitch slider.  These are 5.5mm balls so you will need a sizer of that diameter. The Botosizer is available at most of the Synergy resellers. It will take care of those and most other size links.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline AliHumphrey

Re: Tail pitch slider and rotor hub installation p22
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:48:07 AM »
How can you tell when a link has been sized correctly?

Cheers,

Ali

flyalan

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 05:59:58 AM »
Snap it on the ball. It should be smooth as butter but not sloppy. It should take no effort to move the tail pitch bellcrank if this is done correctly.

Cheers
Alan

Alan Butler
Team Synergy

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
Agree with Alan 100%. I should clarify that I had to size the control rod but I didn't seem to have to on the actual pitch links.

I'd also suggest you practice the sizing on a couple of spare links as inevitably over sizing happens until you get used to it and you don't want to have to go through removing the pitch links with the "E" clips and pins and such.

One tip I read somewhere with using the Botosizer and I've used it ever since is to drive the screw completely in to the tip of the tool and the back the screw completely out and set it aside. Snap the link onto the tool and make two full rotations. This usually gets the Synergy link exactly where you want it.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon