May 15, 2024, 11:06:26 PM

Author Topic: New Receiver/BeastX controller from Spektrum  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
New Receiver/BeastX controller from Spektrum
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
This new AR7300BX has something that I really hope becomes commonplace in all FBL controllers.  It has it's own dedicated power input lines meant to be plugged into a 2S lipo (maybe even 3S?) and it has its own internal power bus meant for use with HV servos.  No more worrying about too much current being carried over tiny wires to the FBL controller to try and provide enough juice for HV setups.

http://helidaily.com/spektrum-rc-ar7300bx-flybarless-system-announced/
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

Re: New Receiver/BeastX controller from Spektrum
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
Yes they did step up on that one.  Lets hope this is a trend.

Cheers

Alan

Offline jluthe1

• Addicted to heli's ....25 and counting ❗️
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:15:46 PM »
Sure hope it's better than the 7200 version ... That thing is just a crash waiting to happen... Locally we've seen more broken birds with that module than any other, it needs to be discontinued
Synergy E5 stretch
Fusion 50
Mini Titan
Trex 450 x 4⃣
Trex 150
Goblin 380 (on order 😃)
Too many micros to list 😝

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »
I'm guessing that part of the reason they went this route is because of how easy it is to brown out the AR7200BX.  It's a great feature, in any case.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Roger

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:34 PM »
AR7200bx is working great on my Goblin500 and my Trex500.  I do like the new method of connecting to a power source.  I would also like to see the designers have a programable voltage output for each port so that the proper level can be set for the case where a low voltage servo or rpm sensor can be utilized without needing extra hardware.

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy

Offline jluthe1

• Addicted to heli's ....25 and counting ❗️
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 12:15:12 AM »
AR7200bx is working great on my Goblin500 and my Trex500.  I do like the new method of connecting to a power source.  I would also like to see the designers have a programable voltage output for each port so that the proper level can be set for the case where a low voltage servo or rpm sensor can be utilized without needing extra hardware.

ROG
Wow you must be brave using that on a goblin 5.... Best of luck and watch for unexpected, uncontrollable  hard aileron banking or the browning out effect.
Synergy E5 stretch
Fusion 50
Mini Titan
Trex 450 x 4⃣
Trex 150
Goblin 380 (on order 😃)
Too many micros to list 😝

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 09:34:41 AM »
Browning out is a pretty easy one to avoid if you know about the possible issue.  I flew one on my 6HV for the entire time I had it and never had it brown out once.  It's been a while since I got rid of it but I had not heard of the hard aileron banking thing and I never experienced that.  There's actually a pretty fair chance that I would still be flying the AR7200BX if I hadn't switched from Spektrum to Futaba.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Roger

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »

ROG
Wow you must be brave using that on a goblin 5.... Best of luck and watch for unexpected, uncontrollable  hard aileron banking or the browning out effect.

Not brave at all.  I am into my second season with both helis running the AR7200bx and have not experienced any of the phenomena you described.  Maybe I am blessed because I am a sport flyer and I just cruise around the sky.  I don't slam the Heli with repeated maximum current draw commands which would lead to rapid battery discharge and possible brownout. 
What Heli did you experience the "hard aileron banking" with?  What was the Heli doing prior to the event?  How deep into the flight was the event?  Were you able to recover from the event? 

ROG
ROG
Retired Old Guy