May 13, 2024, 05:05:07 AM

Author Topic: N5c torque tube and Carbon tail pushrod with a few other bits...  (Read 3623 times)

Offline flyboyw20

Hi

What is the release time or date for the N5c torque tube? I have seen the updates posted so far and its sounding close though its been going on a while?

On your site you have said that the carbon tube threaded rod will be one piece at some point, will this get released ? as having just built mine this is a part i'm not very happy with, although it seems to have worked ok it looks like a high point for failure to me.

One interesting point in the build, one of the tail blade holders was not smooth, when I looked into this and stripped it for lubrication of the thrust bearing I found that when it was put together the thrust bearing itself had been crushed at the factory with a couple of the small bearing balls loose with the bearing cage damaged. Now as annoying as it was to have to buy new bits to fix a factory problem I also decided to change the radial bearings too as not knowing what had caused the damage to the thust bearing. Along with thurst bearing 108-511 I orderd 108-494 radial bearing and the bearing in these packs are too small and not 5x10x3 as stated in the instructions! the bearing in pack 108-494 was 4x9x4!! So not only did I have to buy more bits to fix a factory problem on a new kit I had to buy more bits again :-( Although as these were the right part number but the wrong size bearing I could not find the right size in the synergy list... :-( ended up buying avant ones.

I have an OS 55 fitted and have move the bell crank ball to the top as advised. I have the ball on the servo arm at 13.5mm as stated in the gyro instructions, now I have noticed that there is not that much movement before the carbon tube fouls on the fan shroud and starts to bend, whats the knack to sort this problem out?

And one last thing, I have fitted a futaba 750, now after a problem in a velocity with it causing the shakes, am I wasting my time with it or should I be looking at another gyro?

Regards,

Dave

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
N5c torque tube and Carbon tail pushrod with a few other bits...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
Edited: wrong info.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:50:16 AM by Brandon Bartolomucci »
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline Darren Lee

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
Re: N5c torque tube and Carbon tail pushrod with a few other bits...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »
Actually, there is a torque tube design for the N5c in the prototype stage right now.  No release date has been given.

BTW, the E7 torque tube development had nothing to do with auto performance.  :)
Team Synergy / Rail Blades / Morgan Fuel

Offline flyboyw20

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 05:27:21 PM »
For me its just a nice bit of kit, reduces the chance of the tail drive failing, in a fit and forget way. Plus ease of maintence, so adjusting just fit and forget. It must improve the tails performance and holding power? I guess there are + and - for both tubes and belts...? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts here :-)

Dave

Offline Amy Botos

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
Yes, Matt is testing the N5c TT now, it looks awesome and flies superbly, no production or release date yet but it is definitely coming  ;D

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:51:37 AM »
I do apologize for the wrong information then. I deleted my previous statement so I don't lead anyone awry. I could have sworn I had that stuff on other posts but maybe it was just really old info then. Sorry again! I feel rather retarded now.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:54:28 AM by Brandon Bartolomucci »
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline Amy Botos

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »
No need to apologize! Matt was originally testing a N5c TT based on a crown gear design, but after running it a while decided to shuck it. The crown gear was not one of the more popular design features of the N9! The TT design he is currently testing on his N5c incorporates feature identical to that in the E6/7 TT and the up and coming E5 TT. Basically, it will look sharp, perform flawlessly and be simple to install :D

Amy Botos

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 05:55:52 AM »
Thanks for the update Amy! Sigh, I will buy one I'm sure. Haha.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline RyanW

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »
Hello Dave,
   How are things progressing with your helicopter?

Thanks,
-Ryan
-Ryan

Offline flyboyw20

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »
Hi,
I have almost finished it, though I have run into a problem with the last job. The tail control rod. With the centre arm at right angles to the two rods where should the rear bell crank be, as I expected it to be at right angles to the rear rod at zero pitch but it does not seem to be, where is it best to set the neutral ?

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
It actually is supposed to have a slight bit of pitch. (5 degrees actually) It was designed that way so that it could help compensate for torque right away. I thought the same thing when I built mine and then saw the tips & tricks section on this.

So basically the servo horn and small rod are all at 90 at zero pitch then the crank at the rear of the frame and the large rod all the way back to the tail pitch control ball are 90. This is all at "zero" pitch. At that point the blades themselves should have a bit of pitch to them. Also, you do not need full travel in both directions as that can cause binding in the control system so when you get there don't worry about it either.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:24:56 PM by Brandon Bartolomucci »
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci