Electronics Setup Information > Setup Info

Esc dilemma! Fixed endpoints or Governor mode?

<< < (3/3)

Dogman:
Ill pay attention to what goes in next time I fly the E7. When I fly my 550, it uses one of the same batteries that I run in the E7, and at 3.79v-3.80v it usually puts back in about 3200mah. So, by running the same battery in the E7 but 2 of them, I figured when I brought them down to the same 3.79v-3.8v it would be putting the same back in, but to be sure I will check.

quantummodz:
Step back a bit, fixed end points are simple to setup but in flight as you progress are in efficient and they waste more lipo than governor
Governor needs few extra steps like gear ratio. It is always best to leave headroom meaning 20% less than max head speed
The governor will track the - + demands more accurately and will gradually decay.
Head speed is more a few factors
Pinion and motor define headspeed and the lipo needs to have enough total amps to run the kit
The pitch curve goes hand in hand with rpm to get the best pop or reaction ( no bog ) you have to set up the right blend
A Heli with 13 pitch can have less pop than a heli at 11. Due to the headroom
As we all do fly as you want
I try to make the Heli react as my brain and finger expect it to roll rate speed pitch
Main thing is have fun.

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version