May 15, 2024, 01:04:04 PM

Author Topic: Thinking about a Synergy  (Read 19223 times)

Offline copenhagen

Re: Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2013, 05:01:08 PM »
I'm not necessarily recommending the Gryphon, either, but I already have as many flights on it after one day as I got out of the CC BEC Pro.

Yea, it looks like andersons has had good luck with the pro on the 6S electrics.  I think I saw something he wrote on HeliFreak comparing the CC Pro BEC to the Western Robotics Hercules I believe it was.  Anyhow, he felt that running at 6 V was fine and had changed to all CC Pro BEC's on his birds if I am not mistaken.

How does this sound for a plan?  I'll talk to whoever I can and get input on the BEC/RX Batt decision at the Heli Extravaganza.  Hell I'll even ask Mr. Botos if he'll listen.  Then I'll decide what I will go with permanently.  In the mean time, I have the 7.4V 2S lipo and the EC3 RX rig for it, so that should get me in the air until I make a more permanent decision.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
I ran a receiver pack on my E7 up until just last week and really didn't have any good reason to change over to a BEC other than I'm lazy and wanted to be able to not have to charge the extra battery, anymore.  :D
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline Scott Anderson

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
+1
Field Representative

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2013, 05:43:33 AM »
My E5 kit and Rail556/96's should be here tomorrow.

Offline KevinM

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
I ran a receiver pack on my E7 up until just last week and really didn't have any good reason to change over to a BEC other than I'm lazy and wanted to be able to not have to charge the extra battery, anymore.

I plan on doing the same when I repair the E7, I agree I'm just lazy enough I dont want to charge the extra pack either.  But I will be adding a Scorp BUG to play it safe!

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2013, 09:20:32 PM »
So, I'm building my E5 right now- do the main shaft bearings need to be greased?  They seem like they are pre-lubed.  I don't have a bearing greaser, so if they do need it, is there a way to do it without a bearing greaser?  I didn't see anything about it in the manual or in Chris's build video.

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »
Also, I forgot to add tail transmission case bearings to the above question.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2013, 09:41:13 PM »
Nope. The only bearings you need to grease are the thrust bearings in the main and tail rotor grips.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk 2

Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2013, 10:02:30 PM »
Thanks man.  I spent the first hour sanding and sealing the frame edges with CA.

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
Question about the auto hub:

I have it oriented so the main shaft spins CW, and can be torqued CW by the motor.  Only problem, it does not freely spin CW.  I seated and red loc-tited my brass bushings which fell right now no problem  Then, I tried to spin the tail drive with Jesus bolt installed the way Chris Sexton shows in his video.  No free spin.  I took one of the del-rin bushings out and the spin is very free.  Of course, I re-installed it, I just wanted to verify that the delrin was what was cashing the friction.

Will these bushings "break in", or do I need to disassemble and sand one down a bit?

Next, I noticed that when I snug the Jesus-bolt through the auto hub, that there is still a bit of play between the hub at the main shaft.  Is this ok?  I didn't want to wrench the bolt down because I don't want to deform the auto assembly, as mentioned in the manual.

flyalan

« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2013, 02:17:02 PM »
Seth,

PM'd you...

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2013, 06:39:00 AM »
Would it be a good idea to put a light coat of tri-flow on the feathering shaft?  I already did this to the main shaft- just wondering if the tri-flow will bother the dampers or pivot.

flyalan

Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »
I use Botolube on them. Triflow should also be fine.

Cheers
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
What order to setup electronics? 

I have the Castle 120 HV ESC, the V-Bar Silverline, and the RJX HV Servos.  I have the Scorpion 4025-1100 motor.  I am doing a 6S setup with Gens Ace 35C 4400mAh batteries and rail 556 blades.

Break it down for me please so a cave man can do it.  I already have everything soldered up as needed.

Thanks!

-Seth