May 14, 2024, 11:10:31 PM

Author Topic: Thinking about a Synergy  (Read 19221 times)

Offline Brandon Bartolomucci

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »
It is highly recommended to get the ball link pliers as there really are no other pliers that fit Synergy ball links out of the package. Those ones are made just for the larger Synergy components. If you really don't want to purchase them there are folks who have taken other pliers & used a Dremel and widened the gap between the forks but sometimes you still run into an issue when clipping the links back on.

As Alan mentioned, no need to wait or worry something else is around the corner at this point in time unless you're trying to get a new nitro. The E5 is new and good to go. You won't have any issues. Hours wise is hard to give a number because of all the variables but I would be sure you don't rush the build. The E5 is a nice clean & straight forward build though.

In regards to manufacturing, Synergy is out of Georgia and the helis are designed here in the U.S. however the kit contents are not manufactured in the U.S. at this time. The quality however is nothing to be worried about with that. Matt ensures perfection and tight tolerances on everything and should be discover something awry, he will be on the phone with the manufacturer immediately to remedy the situation and that rarely has to happen.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:46:25 PM by Brandon Bartolomucci »
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Team Synergy; Scorpion; & Bavarian Demon

Offline copenhagen

Re: Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
Brandon,

I see that you are a "Bavarian Demon" user.  Is the 3X any different than the 3SX other than lack of a rescue option?  I am not sure that twice the price would be worth it for a bail out button- esp since I've never had one anyhow.

Oh, and one more question, how do the E5 frames hold up in a crash compared to the Gaui X5?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:34:30 PM by copenhagen »

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 10:35:52 PM »
While not really necessary, trying to use regular ball grip pliers with the Synergy ball links is a PITA.

They are designed in Georgia, manufactured offshore.   While not manufactured in the USA, the quality of the manufacturing is extremely high.
Rodney

Team Synergy

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 05:29:13 AM »
You are correct in the sense that the 3X is no different than the 3SX other than the bail out feature. And I agree in that it's up to you whether you want to spot the extra funds for the bail out. It is the only one like it but if it doesn't concern you, then I would go with the 3X.

In the event that you're not familiar with Bavarian's rescue mode, what makes it different is there's an option to set it up so that if you're upright and need rescued, it will self level and give positive pitch to take you away from the ground and yet if you're inverted you can set it up so that it either keeps you inverted, self levels, and gives negative pitch to get you away from the ground or it finds the nearest axis, turns right side up and then gives positive pitch to rescue the heli. In my case I have it on a 3 position switch so that 0 flies like normal, 1 self levels ONLY, and 2 does rescue in whatever position I'm in.

I can't speak to the Gaui frames as I've never been up close to one but the Synergy frames, any of them, are tough! I've doinked my E5 at full head speed 5 feet off the deck and the frame was fine. They're thick and have stiffeners in just the right places.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:36:46 AM by Brandon Bartolomucci »
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

flyalan

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 05:35:09 AM »
The 3SX (or 3X) are both good units.  I own six 3SX's.  I personally like the bailout feature and it works very well. As Brandon stated there is nothing comparable in the FBL market currently.  The downside is the lack of a GOV but for electric it is pretty much an non-issue as most of the ESC GOV's do a good job these day.

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 07:49:27 AM »
So, tell me about the E5 or the E7?  I would imagine that the E5 would be about as large as you'd want to make a habit of carrying around with you...

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »
The E5 even as a 550 is just shy of a 600 size. It's awesome to just pick up and go.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
I love the ease of packing the E5 around.  Mine's set up as a 6S and I can pack the heli and a bunch of batteries without taking up too much space.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 11:50:18 AM »
Cool.  The more I read about the 3SX..it seems like if it saves you 2 or even 1 really bad crash..it has paid for itself.

flyalan

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 12:26:08 PM »
Cool.  The more I read about the 3SX..it seems like if it saves you 2 or even 1 really bad crash..it has paid for itself.

Most definitely  :)

Cheers
Alan

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »
The 3SX has paid for itself and 2 helis in my case haha.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 08:17:10 AM »
OK, I have been looking at some component prices, and let me tell you- yall's taste in helicopters parallels my taste in guns....but I digress.

At ANY rate, this brings me to my next point:  what order should I start purchasing parts for my E5 6s build in?  I noticed that the recommended ESC has been discontinued, and I also noticed that the Scorpion 4025-1100 is unavailable from Scorpion and cannot be back-ordered.   Now I don't want to buy a couple components every month and in 6 months when I start my build, some are already discontinued.  Which components of an E5 6S build are least likely to be discontinued or have just came out so that I can buy them first?  Maybe the Demon 3SX?  That has been out awhile though under Heli-Command, no?  I should think they are due for an upgrade soon.  Maybe I should just buy the E5, wait a month, and then start buying parts...

As always, your input is appreciated.

flyalan

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 08:28:50 AM »
OK, I have been looking at some component prices, and let me tell you- yall's taste in helicopters parallels my taste in guns....but I digress.

At ANY rate, this brings me to my next point:  what order should I start purchasing parts for my E5 6s build in?  I noticed that the recommended ESC has been discontinued, and I also noticed that the Scorpion 4025-1100 is unavailable from Scorpion and cannot be back-ordered.   Now I don't want to buy a couple components every month and in 6 months when I start my build, some are already discontinued.  Which components of an E5 6S build are least likely to be discontinued or have just came out so that I can buy them first?  Maybe the Demon 3SX?  That has been out awhile though under Heli-Command, no?  I should think they are due for an upgrade soon.  Maybe I should just buy the E5, wait a month, and then start buying parts...

As always, your input is appreciated.

The order you collect your parts is up to you.  The only thing that would be beneficial is to have servos available when you start the build.  I would go with motor next.  Lastly ESC and receiver.
I am surprised you cannot locate the 4025-1100.  They are in stock at Scorpion and should be available to all dealers.
The Bavarian Demon should be available consistently.  No change in the unit is expected until early next year.  The addition of a GOV is the planned update.
What ESC do you consider as the recommended?  They are numerous options. Castle, Scorpion, The Jeti Mezon is what I use.. 

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 09:00:47 AM »

The order you collect your parts is up to you.  The only thing that would be beneficial is to have servos available when you start the build.  I would go with motor next.  Lastly ESC and receiver.
I am surprised you cannot locate the 4025-1100.  They are in stock at Scorpion and should be available to all dealers.
The Bavarian Demon should be available consistently.  No change in the unit is expected until early next year.  The addition of a GOV is the planned update.
What ESC do you consider as the recommended?  They are numerous options. Castle, Scorpion, The Jeti Mezon is what I use.. 

Cheers
Alan

In the PDF instruction manual, the ICE2 HV120 is recommended.

At http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/discontinued/motor/hk-40/hk-4025/HK_4025_1100_6/ you will get the message "Sorry, this product is currently out of stock and can not be ordered."

Don't most of the better ESC's that I would want to use allow you to govern your motor anyway?  I am trying to figure out what the advantage to waiting for the governed FBL Demon..if any..would be.

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
The Scorpion motor you are looking for is the HKIII edition: http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/motors/hkiii-40/hkiii-4025/HKIII_4025_1100/

The one you are looking at is an old model no longer in production.

Cheers,
Mark