May 15, 2024, 12:38:45 AM

Author Topic: Thinking about a Synergy  (Read 19222 times)

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
Re: Thinking about a Synergy
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
The Edge series has replaced the ICE2.  There are several guys here running those on theirs right now.  I'm running a Scorpion Commander V 130A on mine.

This is the Scorpion motor you're looking for:

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/motors/hkiii-40/hkiii-4025/HKIII_4025_1100/?setCurrency=USD

As far as governors, while most of the ESCs now have a governor, they are reactive.  When they sense a change in load, they then adjust the RPMs.  Governors in FBL controllers are proactive.  When you give a big collective input change, the FBL controller knows this since it's going to be carrying it out and it proactively adjusts the RPM while it's affecting the pitch change.
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »

The order you collect your parts is up to you.  The only thing that would be beneficial is to have servos available when you start the build.  I would go with motor next.  Lastly ESC and receiver.
I am surprised you cannot locate the 4025-1100.  They are in stock at Scorpion and should be available to all dealers.
The Bavarian Demon should be available consistently.  No change in the unit is expected until early next year.  The addition of a GOV is the planned update.
What ESC do you consider as the recommended?  They are numerous options. Castle, Scorpion, The Jeti Mezon is what I use.. 

Cheers
Alan

In the PDF instruction manual, the ICE2 HV120 is recommended.

At http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/discontinued/motor/hk-40/hk-4025/HK_4025_1100_6/ you will get the message "Sorry, this product is currently out of stock and can not be ordered."

Don't most of the better ESC's that I would want to use allow you to govern your motor anyway?  I am trying to figure out what the advantage to waiting for the governed FBL Demon..if any..would be.

No reason to wait for the a Demon with Gov for electric use. Use the Gov in the ESC. My comment on the upcoming GOV was for information only....
The 4025-1100 has been discontinued.  You need to be looking for the HKIII 4025-1100 which should be in stock at most dealers.  Better to look at the dealers site unless you choose to order direct from scorpion.
The Castle is NOT the only ESC that works.  That is Matt's preference. 

Cheers
Alan

flyalan

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »
Most of the folks I know including Matt use the ESC Gov's.  The Castle Gov works well and so does the Jeti.  Not that impressed with the Scorpion one though.

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »
Is this the same thing as the scorpion motor?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYPERION-HS4020-1100-KV-MOTOR-HP-HS4020-11-Scorpion-HK4020-1100KV-HKIII-4020-/390615429334?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item5af27e70d6

I like nice things, but I don't like to overpay for a brand name if it is the same motor.

Offline Mark Burberry

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Veteran
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »
Is this the same thing as the scorpion motor?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYPERION-HS4020-1100-KV-MOTOR-HP-HS4020-11-Scorpion-HK4020-1100KV-HKIII-4020-/390615429334?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item5af27e70d6

I like nice things, but I don't like to overpay for a brand name if it is the same motor.

The motor you have on ebay would work as far as the kV goes... But the motor shaft is 5mm as opposed to the 6mm shaft you will need on the Synergy.

Mark

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
Gottcha.  You can't fault me for looking for a deal.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 09:47:53 AM »
Most of the folks I know including Matt use the ESC Gov's.  The Castle Gov works well and so does the Jeti.  Not that impressed with the Scorpion one though.

Cheers
Alan

Interesting you say that because the Scorpion ESC is the only one that I'm using the governor on, right now.  I've used the governors on Hobbywing, CC, and Scorpion and I found the Scorpion super easy to set up and it's been working pretty well, for me.
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 09:54:58 AM »

Cheers
Alan

Interesting you say that because the Scorpion ESC is the only one that I'm using the governor on, right now.  I've used the governors on Hobbywing, CC, and Scorpion and I found the Scorpion super easy to set up and it's been working pretty well, for me.

The I have tried the 90A and 130A and had issues.  Yes they were easy to set up. I have heard the new 160 is better... Haven't tried it. 

Alan

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 10:43:25 AM »
What kind of issues did you see, Alan?  Maybe I'm having issues and I'm just ignorant to the fact, LOL.
Rodney

Team Synergy

flyalan

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 11:04:33 AM »
They just did not do a very good job holding headspeed when compared to the Castle. That was using the scorpion motors.  I also had a 90A go dead on me early last year.

Cheers
Alan

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 11:52:31 AM »
I found a guy selling an NIB kit purchased from HeliDirect early spring for $455.  Have any changes been made by Synergy to the E5 kit since then?  I am all about saving money, but I do want the newest kit I can get.

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 11:59:01 AM »
Nevermind- the guy just sold it.  LOL.

Offline Rodney Kirstine

• Field Representative
  • Synergy Hero
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »
I'm guess that was Jeff's...  If you do happen to see another one, there have not been any changes.
Rodney

Team Synergy

Offline copenhagen

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2013, 05:42:07 PM »
So . . ., where is the cheapest place to buy an E5 kit?  I have been looking everywhere and they all seem about the same.  Is there any place that ya'll know if that I can call and they will give me a better deal than the MAP?  Maybe a discount for a medically-retired Marine?

flyalan

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2013, 06:35:50 PM »
Have you spoken with Ralph at FBLRotors. He may work something out for you.  He does do some combo deals also.

With Labor day approaching you may want to look out for some 10% off deals.

Cheers
Alan